Job TypeFull Time
Risk Management: understanding all risks – from the economic to the political – that could affect our global business, and offering guidance to all parts of the bank
- Attending to all aspects relating to collateral documentation and, more particularly, capturing and releasing of all collateral documentation on Model Bank System
- Maintain and monitor diary system to follow up on collateral conditions of sanction and outstanding collateral items
- Prepare receipts for inward collateral to business as required
- Attend to all logging in of collateral documentation on Model Bank System
- Attend to amendments on Model Bank System
- Attend to temporary and permanent logging out of Collateral documentation on Model Bank System
- Ensure that documents are to be lodged within agreed turnaround times
- To attend to and investigate collateral queries’ and concerns for all customers
- Provide all reports required for the collateral confirmation to be sent to business and the credit team
- DailyReceives and records all collateral documents in the relevant logbooks
- Capturing and releasing of all collateral documentation on Model Bank system
- Accurate Filing and Maintaining of Collateral Documentation in Safe Custody
- Update Collateral system for new collateral logged in and for all collateral released
- WeeklySubmit key measures to Johannesburg
- MonthlyCollate all reports and logbooks for supervisor to check
- Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time
- Satisfaction from all business units of high quality business support.
- Improved performance ratings.
- Improved/ satisfactory audit ratings.
- No financial losses incurred as a result of collateral lapses.
- Efficient end to end collateral process.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
- Recording of documents are to be 100% accurate
- Documents are to be filed within agreed turnaround times
- Files/records to be kept up to date and to hand at all times
- Timely communication and query response to customers and branches
Business units – Branch Managers, Relationship Managers, Customer Consultants, Business Bankers
- Head, Credit CIB
- Head, Credit PB
- Head, Credit BB
- Manager, Credit Legal
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Business Related Degree preferable.
- Good knowledge of the bank’s internal processes and requirements with regard to security documentation and credit processes, specifically relating the custody of all facility letters/loan agreements/collateral documentation.
- Knowledge of various legislative requirements, particularly as it pertains to credit agreements, loan documentation, legal processes, and the variety of collateral that may be used.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Standard Bank Group
Standard Bank Group is the largest African banking group by assets offering a full range of banking and related financial services. "Africa is our home, we drive her growth” Our vision is to be the leading financial services organisation in, for and across Africa, delivering exceptional client experiences and superior value. This sets the primary goals and standard of excellence we intend to achieve in the medium term. With a heritage of over 150 years, we have an on-the-ground presence in 20 countries in subâ€‘Saharan Africa; fit-for-purpose representation outside Africa; and a strategic partnership with the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC). In line with the realities of risk, regulation, technology and competition that characterise our operating context, we continue to invest significantly in our diversified operations; our people and culture; our systems and infrastructure; and our brand. In doing so, we understand that our commercial success and social relevance over the long term depends on placing our clients at the centre of everything we do, and ensures that the outcomes of our activities are a catalyst for growth on this continent we call home. The long-term foreign currency ratings for The Standard Bank of South Africa, the single largest operating entity within the Standard Bank Group, are: Fitch Ratings BBB- (negative), Moody’s Baa2 (negative) and Standard & Poor’s BBB- (negative). The group is listed on the JSE Limited, share code SBK, and the Namibian Stock Exchange, share code SNB. The largest bank in the world, ICBC, is a 20.1% shareholder in the group. Other than the 20.1% ICBC shareholding, 32.9% of Standard Bank’s shareholder base is foreign. We subscribe to the Code of Banking Practice, a set of principles governing banking in South Africa and ensuring the highest standards of professionalism, integrity and fairness.