Occupational Therapist (Nairobi)
Reporting to the Unit Manager Physiotherapy, the successful candidates will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Developing individual treatment plans and administrating relevant therapy regimes
- Conducting regular evaluation of patients to assess progress and response to therapy and revise treatment program as necessary.
- Participating in treatment team meetings to provide information regarding patient assessment and treatment program.
- Maintaining daily treatment evaluation notes of patient’s progress and discharge planning notes and summaries.
- Providing training to other disciplines inside the institution on occupation therapy and special techniques or equipment’s used in patient care.
- Instructing patients in the use of splints made and care of the same to avoid injuries like blisters.
- Adapting or modifying prefabricated equipment to meet individual needs, monitor use of adaptive equipment.
- Preparing written treatment plan and maintaining a record of patients treated.
- Providing training to other discipline inside or outside the institution on occupational therapy and treatment.
- Recommending and advising the Unit Manager Physiotherapy on the appropriate equipment for procurement according to department needs.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Diploma in Occupation Therapy
- Registered by the Kenya Occupational Therapy Association (KOTA)
- One (1) years working experience.
- Problem solving skills
- Good communication skills, honest, good interpersonal skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job title, reference number and your salary expectation by 24th June 2021. Your CV/Resume MUST include full names and contact details of 3 referees.
ONLY ONLINE applications will be accepted and ONLY SHORTLISTED candidates will be contacted.
About St Francis Community Hospital
St. Francis Community Hospital is a Faith Based Hospital which was officially opened in January 24, 2009. It is located along Kasarani-Mwiki Road, Nairobi. It is neat, efficient, affordable and patient-friendly. It is run by the Little Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi under the Archdiocese of Nairobi. The hospital has partnered with many organizations in promoting effective and efficient quality health care services. The hospital neighborhood is surrounded by a population of over 400,000 persons who are mainly living in slums and of very low income earning. The hospital has a bed capacity of 100 beds. Currently the hospital management is undertaking phase two of the hospital construction to provide room for the needy services like - new theatre, Dialysis Unit, HDU/ICU, pediatric ward, theatre and surgical ward. The bed capacity will be raised to 150 plus. The completion is expected in July 2016.