Supply Chain Manager
Job TypeFull Time , Remote
Experience5 – 7 years
Job FieldProcurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
Remote work can be considered for highly qualified candidates
Come join the SparkMeter team and help increase electricity access in developing countries. The Supply Chain Director at Sparkmeter is responsible for the development and performance of all Supply Chain functions. This includes Logistics, Contract Manufacturing Production, Purchasing, Supplier Performance, Supply Chain Team Performance Management, Spend Optimization, Contract Management and Inventory.
The Supply Chain Manager is expected to have a broad set of experiences in Supply Chain. This is a leadership role that will be expected to contribute to the overall culture of the team, develop staff, perform tactical work and envision and implement strategic improvements.
You’ll focus on:
- Performance Management: Establish Quantitative KPI metrics and tracking
- Process automation: Continually identify and Implement opportunities to streamline our Order process to better improve process confidence, visibility and efficiency
- Develop and implement an Inventory Management system
- Improve logistics process: Envision an optimal logistics offering to customers to ensure the process is streamlined, cost effective and there is process visibility from end to end
- Establish internal service level commitments to other functions: Commercial, Customer Support, Finance, all have service requirements. For repeat needs establish tracking of delivery and turn around time
- Streamlined order process automation: Achieve and maintain outstanding customer satisfaction, you will improve the communication process with our customers regarding order logistics as well as with internal stakeholders.
Where You’ll Work
Nairobi, Kenya. From home while COVID is still a problem, in our office when it re-opens. You can expect occasional travel: about 5-8%, or ~2-4 weeks a year.
Type of Role & Compensation Structure
This is a full-time role with benefits. Compensation is made of salary and performance bonus.
SparkMeter was founded to promote opportunity in underrepresented communities initially but has since grown into serving urban & peri urban communities as well.
- SparkMeter’s core value is opportunity: the opportunity for underserved communities to achieve great things. That’s why our mission is to increase access to electricity in underserved communities – it is electricity and the services derived from it that unlock and create those opportunities. This value is reflected in our hiring ethos: we believe that the strongest teams have diverse backgrounds. Our approach to hiring has been validated by academic and industry studies that show that workforce diversity improves team and business performance. (It has also been validated by the quality of the team we’ve assembled so far!) We encourage applications from members of groups currently underrepresented in energy, logistics and supply chain management.
You’ll be a good fit for this role if you have the following technical experience:
- 5 to 7 years experience operating in a fully developed purchasing management system
- Advanced knowledge of data analytics and data software analysis tools (excel, Minitab, MS Access, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of established Inventory management practices (EOQ, Safety Stock, Contractual tools & mechanisms, etc.)
- Experience managing international 3rd party distribution service providers
- Experience facilitating or problem solving shipping issues for international and intercontinental transport modes including LCL, FCL, Air and Ground parcel, LTL & FTL. Preferably in APAC, EMEA, Americas and African Union
- Experience leading cross functional projects
In addition to these, for you to thrive in our team we will expect that you demonstrate:
- Comfort with technology. Pursue and seek out technological advances in your area of responsibility. While you don’t have to be an engineer to do well in this role, you should be comfortable with computers, science and engineering concepts. You are excited to learn more about the technical concepts behind SparkMeter’s product. A background in energy or software are examples of experience that will help you grasp our product’s changing capabilities and limitations and ensure our clients can meet their objectives.
- Uncommonly organized problem-solver. You’re not intimidated by a challenge! You’ll use your knack for gathering information and collaborating with colleagues to create solutions to our customers’ unique challenges.
- Disciplined self-starter. You love devising new systems and getting all things in their right place. We’re a startup, which means we are building systems as we grow and require leadership from everyone in our company for this.
- Empathy. Our customers and partners are based in 25 countries all over the world and come from many different backgrounds. You should be comfortable and enjoy talking with people who come from cultures different from your own.
- Strong communication skills. In order to connect to customers, understand their needs, and create great documentation, you should have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We’d also like to see (but don’t require) experience with:
- Working in a Start-up culture
- Ability to think and communicate at the systems level
- Proficiency in data analytics and KPI reporting for day to day activities and to drive improvement action
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
SparkMeter offers comprehensive low-cost metering solutions for everything from rural micro-grids to existing urban central grid utilities. Our products help make access to electricity possible in hard-to-reach places and underserved markets. Our metering system is being widely adopted by utilities serving customers in rural parts of Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Latin America and the Caribbean. We believe electricity and the services derived from it unlock and create the opportunity for underserved communities to achieve great things. As a main driver of economic growth and human development, we’ve seen time and time again how access to clean, reliable, electricity transforms people’s lives.