Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 – 7 years
Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
About the role
SOKO is looking for a skilled and motivated Financial Controller to join their finance department. The role holder will be responsible for maximizing the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems as well as ensuring legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions.
Additionally, they will oversee cost and general accounting, accounts receivable/collection, and payroll and risk management.
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and lead the accounting team
- Leading all aspects of corporate accounting including billing, financial statements, general ledger, cost accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, tax compliance, inventory accounting, cost accounting, revenue recognition, internal and external audit, and various special analyses as well as developing, implementing and maintaining accounting and administrative policies and procedures
- Developing ongoing reporting (Monthly, Quarterly, Annual) packages for Finance Director
- Overseeing audit and tax functions including coordinating activities with outside firms
- Overseeing employee insurance & benefits programs, banking relationships.
- Lead day to day cash control and working capital management.
- Ensure an accurate cash flow forecast to support business activities.
- Continuous Improvement of financial accounting control processes to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness.
Controller Qualifications / Skills:
- Masters degree in accounting, CPA preferred
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in accounting/finance
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
- Proven leadership and management experience
- Proficiency with accounting software; NetSuite and Quickbooks
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations
- Able to work well with senior executives and team, as well as mentor/lead other team members
- Attention to detail
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
SOKO is a clothing manufacturing unit based in Rukinga Wildlife Sanctuary in Kenya. SOKO was set up in 2009 by Joanna Maiden whose vision it was to provide the fashion industry with a manufacturing unit with social and environmental issues at the heart of its business. Our goal has always been to prove that it is possible to run a self-sustaining manufacturing business whilst having social and environmental principles at its core - paying fair wages, providing needed social services, a pleasant place of work and a commitment to limit its environmental impact. The area where we are based has the highest unemployment rate in the country. It also has a high rate of prostitution, HIV/AIDS and wildlife poaching. We offer people an alternative means of making a living. Through training and employment we have enabled women to take control of their own lives. Through having their own income these women cover the costs of sending their children to school, provide nutritious meals for the family and make decisions on how they spend their money - it allows them to lift themselves out of poverty.