Project Control Consultant
Job Type Full Time
Job Field Project Management
SNV has been engaged by various donors to reach millions of people by executing programmes in agriculture, renewable energy and WASH (Water, Sanitation and Hygiene). In Kenya, SNV is implementing several exciting projects in various counties in Kenya. The SNV country office is located in Nairobi but a lot of activities are implemented from field offices in Eldoret, Nanyuki and Kakuma.
Reporting to the country finance manager, the project control consultant will act as interim project controller, and as a mentor for junior project controllers. The project control consultant will also draft a project control manual. The work location is Nairobi.
- Adopt and own SNV Kenya’s finance & administration and related policies and practices;
- Draft a project control manual;
- Support the preparation of donor budgets;
- Support the country finance manager setting up new projects in the financial administration;
- Support the project manager with financial project planning;
- Support the country finance manager with monthly cash flow forecasts;
- Monitor and control all expenses;
- Ensure financial transactions are recorded properly;
- Support the project manager with timely forecasting and reporting;
- Explain deviations from the budget and propose corrective measures;
- Ensure proper financial close out of projects;
- Ensure all financial, administrative and related activities within the projects are done according to donor requirements, SNV’s project management procedures and SNV’s finance and administration policies and practices;
- Train and mentor junior project controllers;
- Advise management on improvement measures.
- CPA (K), ACCA or similar level of knowledge and skills acquired in previous roles;
- A Master’s degree in a financial field will be an added advantage;
- At least 5 years relevant working experience in financial accounting of which 2-3 years in project accounting;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of donor regulations related to management of donor funds;
- Experience with financial systems. Experience with SAP is an added advantage;
- Excellent Excel skills;
- At least 5 years relevant working experience in a project organization;
- Experience of working in a multicultural environment;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience in a training and mentoring role;
- High level of integrity.
- Additional Information
Contract duration: Six (6) months.
Expected start date:18 May 2020.
MODE OF APPPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Founded in the Netherlands in 1965, we have built a long-term, local presence in many of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services - empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.