Social Media Manager
Job Type Full Time
Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding
We are looking for a creative and strategic Social Media Manager to join our team! The Social Media Manager is responsible for brainstorming campaigns, building a social media content strategy, and creating social media posts.
In this role, you will be responsible for ideating, planning, and the day-to-day managing of Sendy’s social media properties.
Your passion for social media as a communications tool will result in the adoption and implementation of social media best practices across all of Sendy’s social media channels.
The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, a versatile creative writer, a team player, and eager to keep abreast of industry innovations and new software. You will play a central role in consistently improving Sendy’s social media engagement across platforms.
You will become an integral member of an agile and entrepreneurial team, delivering on projects with impact and scale, in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment. You will build strong relationships with peers across Sendy teams ranging from Data & Growth to Product & Engineering, CX, and beyond while working directly with your marketing colleagues.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Brainstorming campaigns and developing social media content plans that are consistent with Sendy’s brand identity
- Develop Sendy’s monthly social media editorial content calendar
- Creating consistent, meaningful content on all social media platforms, including writing and editing social media posts, improving customer engagement, and promoting social media campaigns
- Managing a high volume of daily social media posts.
- Communicating with social media followers, including responding to queries in a timely manner
- Updating posts to include relevant keywords for search engine optimization.
- Using analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Hootsuite Pro, and Facebook Insights to monitor and evaluate the company’s social media presence and performance
- Preparing monthly reports on social media marketing efforts
- Suggesting recommendations to adjust the social media marketing strategy for optimal results.
- Staying up to date on best practices and emerging trends in social media
- Performing other duties when needed
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field.
- Minimum 2+ years in consumer marketing, brand marketing, or related experience with a successful record of delivering work with measurable business results on time and on budget
- 3 or more years of social media experience including planning and managing content in a corporate, or agency setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and must have a thorough understanding of social media management and strategy
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Curiosity and creativity. You’re full of fresh ideas to generate customer/user growth and promote the brand
- High bar for quality, productivity, and delivering results
- In-depth knowledge of various social media platforms, best practices, and website analytics
- The good handle of Digital/Online/Social Media strategy, audience management, reputation management, and analytics
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivation and drive. Ability to work well independently and within a group setting to push projects to completion
- Personal motivation and drive exhibited through a commitment to hard work, continuous improvement, and achievement of goals.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Open to change.
- Calm under chaos.
- Proficiency in graphic design tools and/or photography is an added advantage.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive health insurance – Inpatient / Outpatient / Dental / Optical.
- Flexible vacation.
- All risk Insurance.
- Office lunch.
- Opportunity for company stock options.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About Sendy Limited
At Sendy, we specialize in connecting on-demand, trusted, and transparent service providers with individuals and businesses looking to move packages. Thus, we believe it’s a natural extension of our core expertise to also connect our users to quality certified transportation providers. As of today, Sendy users can now request a package DELIVERY using a motorcycle, van, pickup, or 3 ton truck, or a passenger RIDE with a boda boda or cab - all from within the same SENDY mobile app (available on Android and iOS) and web platform. All DELIVERY and RIDE services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can be paid for using cash, MPesa, or card.