Job TypeFull Time
The primary role of the Quality Assurance Quality Controller is to
Perform a systemic roll to ensure that the bottling process meets the CCBA product and packaging quality requirements and
Provide support with quality coaching and root cause analysis knowledge.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement business strategic objectivesApplying organizational understanding to drive a Quality Culture.
- Ensure that Quality Management Systems are implemented in the laboratory and related quality processes.
- Ensure that quality objectives are measured as identified in goals and objective documentation.
- Ensure product and package quality meets legal, internal and TCCC requirementsMaintenance of the Quality system and ensure CCBA and TCCC standards are met.
- 4-hourly Quality testing verifications on all 30 minutes and hourly test frequencies. Daily verification of 4 hourly tests.Interpretation of SPC data and ensuring that the teams understand the SPC measures and can analyse the data.
- Inspection and release of Isolations.
- Sanitation Matrix review and monitoring of matrix compliance.
- Daily Data review, with interest in recorded data trends, amount of out of control and out of spec data points.
- Reviewing Infinity events for correct logging of comments and reasons.
- Data integrity ensure lab equipment connectivity to Infinity both in lab and on the line.
- Review is all out of spec data is isolated and if required RCA documentation has been received from the line team.
- Responsible for Carbonation retention studies.
- Drive quality improvement in manufacturing and supporting processesCalibration and verification of Cobrix.
- Managing the non-conforming product program – retest of isolations and making decisions about release and destructions. Ensuring that non-conforming product program is applied in all areas in syrup room, production and warehouse. Verify that isolated products are not available for stock picking.
- Checks meeting boards to ensure that the data is correctly updated and that the correct KPI’s are measured at level 1 meetings relevant to the team.
- Review quality of RCA documentation and support teams in problem solving.
- Attend production team meetings on a scheduled basis at least meeting per line per week.
- Review simple syrup, final syrup manufacturing and release processes.
- Review water treatment process, result and waste water treatment process and results.
- Provide training and coaching of the following as a minimum.
- Quality process and system coaching
- Quality test procedures and rationale behind tests
- Quality standards
- SPC training
- Process control coaching
- Engage with internal customers to develop partnerships and capability
- Manage the laboratoryIncoming inspection – sugar, CO2, packaging Material interim measures for packaging.
- Ensure that the sensory program is executed as per KO and internal requirements including training of panelists.
- Calibration and Verification of quality testing equipment in laboratory and workstations.
- Drive problem solving and continuous improvement initiativesSupport of shift teams and unit teams in problem solving, also reviewing outputs of problem solving sessions.
- Interpretation of SPC data and assisting teams to use this information in problem solving sessions.
- Monitoring of effectiveness of corrective actions to solve issues.
- Identify improvement opportunities.
- Maintain safety health and environmental standardsMaintain health, safety and environmental standards.
- Contribute to the management of sustainable development drivers .
Skills, Experience & Education
- Minimum requirement Higher National Diploma in Food Science, Food Technology or equivalent.
- Added advantage Bachelor of Science degree in Food Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Quality Controller. Good process knowledge preferably in a bottling environment.
- Compliance, Governance and Ethics
- Detail Focused
- Problem Solving and Analysis
- Analytical and Methodical
- Result and Execution Driven
- Resilient and energetic
- Sound understanding of Statistical Process Control
- Sound understanding and knowledge of production and quality processes
- Sound understanding of water treatment and waste water treatment processes
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Self Help Africa
Self Help Africa works at grassroots level in rural Africa, tackling poverty, supporting food production, enterprise development, and improving the lives of local communities. In Ireland the organisation trades as 'Gorta-Self Help Africa.'