Support & Programs Intern
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldInternships / Volunteering
CONTRACT DURATION: 6 months with possibility of renewal
START DATE: January 2021
SALARY GRADE: According to SIF’S national staff salary scale
The role of the Support & Programs Intern is to help the Head of Mission & Programs department to dispense their day to day activities smoothly by providing support to do activities requested for.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in drafting and preparing background documents, reports, issue briefs, talking points, articles, presentations etc.
- Attend and summarize conferences and meetings.
- Support organization of meetings and conferences, side events to strengthen strategic engagement with SIF partners.
- Support research on donor funding.
- Assist in maintaining databases.
- Support the review of key publications.
- Support the work on Global Assessment Report on program.
- Assist in preparing training and learning events and other capacity building initiatives.
- Print, copies and scans documents of the mission.
- Completed or ongoing course on a certificate, diploma or degree in Development Studies/ Economics, Community
- Development or any other relevant field;
- Ability to work in a team set up
- Commitment to participate and learn the duties in Programs department
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Basic written and spoken French is highly desirable
- Computer skills (MS Package)
- Excellent communication, writing and interpersonal skills;
- IT skills will be an added advantage
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, 3 references) , (Please use word or PDF format) not later than Friday 30th, October 2020. The position title (IT & COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER/ Support & Programs Intern ) should be indicated on the subject line.
SIF is an equal opportunity employer; females are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
About Secours Islamique France (SIF)
Founded in 1991, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a NGO devoted to social and humanitarian assistance and development aid in France and the world. SIF is a 23 year-old NGO guided by the Islamic values of solidarity and respect for human dignity and by the humanitarian principles of neutrality, independence and impartiality. These principles ensure that relief reaches all people in need, whilst respecting their diversity - whether cultural, religious or social and without expecting anything in return. SIF runs field missions in 16 countries throughout South-East Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Haiti, emergency aid projects, development programmes and advocacy initiatives in four main fields: Water and Sanitation, Childhood Protection, Food Security and Social action to the most vulnerable in France (social patrols, housing insert, etc.) and employs more than 350 people worldwide. Islamic Relief France (SIF) believes in a benevolent world where basic needs of vulnerable people are met. MISSION Islamic Relief France dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poor in France and worldwide. It intervenes where humanitarian and social needs required by the mobilization of emergency relief and the implementation of development programs. Thus, our preferred areas of concern Aid and Food Security , Water, hygiene and sanitation and childhood abroad, the fight against exclusion and poverty in France. VALUES Islamic Relief France inspired by the values â€‹â€‹of Islam, those of solidarity and respect for human dignity, it places at the center of its concerns. He calls, through its commitment, values â€‹â€‹and missions, building a human solidarity that transcends differences and borders. PRINCIPLES â€¢ Neutrality â€¢ Independence â€¢ Impartiality â€¢ Respect â€¢ Responsibility These are the principles of humanitarian action that Islamic Relief France is committed to respect since its creation. Each of these principles ensures the people support, while respecting the diversity - cultural, religious, social - and in fairness.