IT & Communications Officer
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldICT / Computer
CONTRACT DURATION: 6 (Six) months with possibility of renewal
START DATE: January 2021
SALARY GRADE: According to SIF’S National Staff Salary Scale
- The IT & Communications Officer is responsible for Providing assistance in monitoring the implementation of the systems and communications’ software and hardware in the coordination and mission, according to SIF standards, protocols and procedures in order to ensure the efficient use of ICT systems and equipment.
- Assist in monitoring on a day-to-day basis the implementation of the systems and communications’ software and hardware in the mission ensuring compliance of SIF standards, protocols and procedures. This includes, the following tasks:
- The IT & Communications Officer will support our internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events.
- To succeed as a Communications Officer, you should be able to think creatively, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communication:Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of SIF, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Be in charge of all the company’s social media accounts.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Proficiency in design and publishing software.
- ITAssist in analysing the ICT needs of the mission and assists to optimize the investment on information and communication technology.
- Assist in identifying and implementing Information management practices to enhance the mission system’s effectiveness and reliability (development, check-up, deployment of applications, systems or new ICT standards, etc.). Assist in installing, maintaining and monitoring, the ICT systems and equipment in the mission.
- Troubleshoot application software installation and configurations, electronic mail, internet and network access problems.
- Provide support for deployed computer application systems; Install computer application systems software and hardware according to specifications.
- Provide assistance in comparing quality of equipment, software and internet providers/services, in order to optimize buying decisions and to ensure local assistance.
- Support by checking and providing network security, help desk assistance and training to users, corrective and preventive maintenance activities (check-up and cleaning, etc.), updating and upgrading activities, security management protocols (back-ups, anti-malware, updates and software patching, firewall protection, radio protection, etc.).
- Support staff ensuring their questions and problems related to ICT are solved (if appropriate, according to SIF policies and procedures in force at any time).
- Registering, reporting and referring unsolved questions and problems, as well as unusual requests, to the respective support units in order to actively provide solutions and ensure quality standards.
- Implement information systems policies, strategies and activities of the Information and Communication Technology Services.
- Ensure all network equipment is adequately monitored with appropriate alert escalation.
- Participate in testing and evaluating new tools and technologies and making recommendations on the adaptation of such tools.
- Draft end-user and/or technical documentation.
- Keep abreast of developments in information systems and technology in order to make recommendations.
- Ensure that all computer data backups are properly performed every month.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Degree in IT and Communications.
- 2 years’ or more experience as a Communications Officer or equivalent experience in a similar role is strongly desired.
- Computer literacy in:
- Administration of Operational Systems (XP-Pro, W7, W2003 Server, Linux)
MS Office 2003/2007/2010
- Microsoft Networks configuration and set up (network components –switch and routers-, Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth)
- Protocols: TCP/IP, LAN, WAN
- Apps development languages: platforms.NET, Java, Eclipse RCP
- Configuration and set up of networks: Desktops, Laptops and peripheric.
- Mail clients: Outlook, Mozilla, Lotus
- Picture creation: ISO, MDF, CSO, etc.
- Other: SAP R3, Citrix, Remote Desktop Access
- Preferably a Kenyan and Somali Nationality
- Fluent in English and Somali;
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, 3 references) (Please use word or PDF format) not later than Friday 30th, October 2020. The position title (IT & COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER/ Support & Programs Intern ) should be indicated on the subject line.
SIF is an equal opportunity employer; females are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
About Secours Islamique France (SIF)
Founded in 1991, Secours Islamique France (SIF) is a NGO devoted to social and humanitarian assistance and development aid in France and the world. SIF is a 23 year-old NGO guided by the Islamic values of solidarity and respect for human dignity and by the humanitarian principles of neutrality, independence and impartiality. These principles ensure that relief reaches all people in need, whilst respecting their diversity - whether cultural, religious or social and without expecting anything in return. SIF runs field missions in 16 countries throughout South-East Asia, the Middle East, Africa and Haiti, emergency aid projects, development programmes and advocacy initiatives in four main fields: Water and Sanitation, Childhood Protection, Food Security and Social action to the most vulnerable in France (social patrols, housing insert, etc.) and employs more than 350 people worldwide. Islamic Relief France (SIF) believes in a benevolent world where basic needs of vulnerable people are met. MISSION Islamic Relief France dedicated to alleviating the suffering of the poor in France and worldwide. It intervenes where humanitarian and social needs required by the mobilization of emergency relief and the implementation of development programs. Thus, our preferred areas of concern Aid and Food Security , Water, hygiene and sanitation and childhood abroad, the fight against exclusion and poverty in France. VALUES Islamic Relief France inspired by the values â€‹â€‹of Islam, those of solidarity and respect for human dignity, it places at the center of its concerns. He calls, through its commitment, values â€‹â€‹and missions, building a human solidarity that transcends differences and borders. PRINCIPLES â€¢ Neutrality â€¢ Independence â€¢ Impartiality â€¢ Respect â€¢ Responsibility These are the principles of humanitarian action that Islamic Relief France is committed to respect since its creation. Each of these principles ensures the people support, while respecting the diversity - cultural, religious, social - and in fairness.