Technical Sales Engineer / Manager – Process Automation
This position is accountable for development and implementation of sales strategies and tactics: To develop business for the Process Automation’s products and solutions portfolio that covers: Distributed Control Systems (DCS); PLC, SCADA & Telemetry; Process/Field Instrumentation.
Principal Territory Coverage: Based in Kenya with travel to Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia
- Market & Industry Know-How: Possess current knowledge of the Process Automation landscape in East Africa encompassing Industry segments of: Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Mining, Food & Bev., Water & Waste-Water
- Customer Knowledge & Insight: Gaining insight in customer structures and organizations, and identifying and following up on opportunities with customers.
- Customer Support: Understand customers’ requirements to propose suitable solutions. Provide technical and product support to end user customers and channel partners.
- Analyze customer needs and elaborating offers.
- Coordinate technical support for customers.
- Driving Growth: Develop and manage strong relationships with customers and channel partners to drive growth and achieve targets
- Sales Funnel Pipeline Management: Develop a healthy pipeline of opportunities/inquiries and coordinate the preparation of quotes in response to customer inquiries
- Competitor Awareness: Maintain technical and product expertise whilst having fair knowledge of competitive products and industry standards.
- Market Intelligence: Provide market intelligence including competitive, market trends to Management.
- Long-Term Business Relationships: Developing, maintaining and expanding lasting professional customer relations by means of regular customer visits and participation in customer event
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation & Control, Engineering
- Business Course and/or Masters will be an added advantage
- Knowledge in laws, rules and regulations, standards, safety, quality and envirnmental guidelines as far as applicable
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in technical sales, preferably in the fields of Process Automation (Control Systems, Instrumentation, Software)
- Previous experience in a technical engineering role
Knowledge & skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong capabilities to negotiate, influence and convince
- Experience in the sale of technical solutions and concepts.
- Possess the ability to think outside the box and have good critical and strategic thinking skills.
- Articulate, Communicative with a good command of English
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Open and Willing to Learn
- Diligent and detail-oriented
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of â‚¬26.6 billion in FY2015, our 185,000 employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies will reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.