Supply Chain Leader-East Africa
About the role:
The Supply Chain Leader at Schneider Electric is responsible for all Supply Chain functions. This includes logistics management, contract management, inventory management, purchasing, Supplier Performance, Supply Chain team performance management, spend optimization,. The Supply Chain Leader is expected to have a broad set of experiences in Supply Chain. This is a leadership role that will be expected to contribute to the overall culture of the team, develop staff, perform tactical work and envision and implement strategic improvements
The Supply Chain Leader will among other duties be responsible for:
- Leading the Supply Chain transformation in East Africa: Accountable for overall Supply Chain performance, providing strategic direction for the function and ensuring it is well aligned to the organizational strategic objectives
- People manager responsibilities: Manage, motivate, develop and oversee the performance management of staff in line the organization’s systems, rules and regulations for HR management including staff evaluation, training and career planning.
- In charge of the management of a Distribution Center (DC), assuring all the Supply Chain& logistic operations to ensure the fulfillment of the logistic offer.
- Check the implementation of the Supply Chain policy through conduction of major actions plans.
- Improve all stages of the procurement process until final product delivery to customers while managing a Logistic team.
- Leading on driving supply chain change initiatives through the global/country supply chain excellence in line with operations manual
- Setup the purchasing function for (PP, NPP, Solutions), by managing all the suppliers, sign frame agreements, share business forecast and expectations, negotiate better deals, get the best total cost of ownership, and source for first in class suppliers supporting our growth.
- Manage external and internal resources to meet the customer’s order in term of Leadtime, quantity, quality…
Anticipate new launches and phase out, of ranges of products as well as mitigate the obsolete components risk.
- Monitor overall process performance, manage continuous improvements in the department, ensure regular reports are received
- Act as the supply chain & logistics focal point in providing a very high level of leadership and management support in related areas.
- Proactively engage with cross-functional Teams to ensure inclusion of Supply Chain aspects in all areas of the organization
- University Degree
- Experience in a similar role with at least 10 years in a leadership position in a busy manufacturing environment
- Advanced knowledge of data analytics and data software analysis tools is an added advantage
- Knowledgeable of established Inventory management practices (EOQ, Safety Stock, Contractual tools & mechanisms, etc.)
- Experience in international supply chains and custom regulations would be an advantage
- Experience of working in ERP based systems and environment, preferably SAP
- Experience in solving shipping issues for international and intercontinental transport modes
- Previous experience in managing and developing teams and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others
- You are good at planning and organizing, have a result-oriented personality and you are good in
- You are comfortable with Technology and are willing to learn new ways of working
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of â‚¬26.6 billion in FY2015, our 185,000 employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies will reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.