Senior Accounting Specialist-East Africa
Job TypeFull Time
Experience8 – 10 years
Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
- Spot errors and suggest ways to improve efficiency and spending
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts and providing information for auditors.
- Plan, assign and review staff’s work
- Support month-end/year-end close process & Group reporting.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Liaise with our Financial Manager and CFO to improve financial procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 8-10 years’ experience in accounting/finance
- Must have an audit background
- Experience working for a global company is an added advantage
- Experience in working with multiple legal entities under different legal umbrellas
- Experience with financial reporting requirements
- Solid Accounting Knowledge.
- Solid Knowledge in Taxation and legal framework.
- Analytical Skills
- Attention to detail
- Corporate finance
- Financial software
- Advanced Excel skills
- Communication & presentation skills
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of â‚¬26.6 billion in FY2015, our 185,000 employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies will reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.