Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Technical Expert
The SRHR Technical Expert will use their in-depth contextual understanding, technical expertise, and relationship building skills to provide a critical link between the Save the Children’s global and country level technical work, strengthening the technical offer at the regional level.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- You have a relevant academic background in SRHR or other related subject (e.g. Master’s degree in international health studies, international development studies, or social science) (Substantial relevant working experience in an international environment may be accepted in lieu.)
- At least 8 years international experience with SRHR programming, in development contexts (experience in humanitarian contexts highly desirable)
- Extensive knowledge on and application of international and regional policies on SRHR, in particular adolescent SRHR and CSE
- Knowledge of and experience in applying and sharing technical and professional expertise on SRHR, preferably adolescent SRHR
- Experience of providing successful technical assistance and manoeuvring well in a complex advisory role
- Strong facilitation skills and experience in delivering high quality, interactive trainings to a variety of target groups
- Demonstrated experience with programme management cycle, proposal writing, monitoring and report writing
- Experience in analysing and integrating diverse and complex quantitative and qualitative data from a wide range of sources
- Able to generate and use data and evidence to innovate, deliver, learn and share what works and what doesn’t work
- Skilled at networking, representation and partnership development in order promote learning, strengthen civil society and mobilise resources
- Experience in a technical advisory role, capacity development role and/or research role
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Understanding and experience of SRHR work in the East and Southern Africa context
- Knowledge on family planning commodities and supply chains
- You have working knowledge of additional languages used in the regio
- Contract duration: Fixed term 1 year to be reviewed)
Location: Save the Children operates in 12 Countries within the East and Southern Africa Region i.e. South Sudan, Sudan, Somalia, Ethiopia, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Mozambique.
This role will be based in any Country Office with SCI Presence under National Contract terms
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Save the Children International
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international non-governmental organization that promotes children's rights, provides relief and helps support children in developing countries