Global Insurance Officer
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience of an In-house Insurance Role within a global organisation
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail and good awareness of compliance and legal issues
- Experience of managing and administering complex issues with the ability to consistently stay on task and deliver results
- A demonstrable ability to maintain positive professionalism and productivity under occasional periods of intense work pressure
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse setting
- A positive “can do” attitude and deep commitment to Save the Children’s mission
- Member of a professional insurance/risk body e.g. Chartered Insurance Institute, Institute of Risk Management
- Working towards obtaining CII qualifications
- Qualified to degree level
- Through regular engagement with SCI’s global insurance broker and SCI’s Regional and Country Offices ensure, on global basis, local compliance with insurance requirements and as agreed under global insurance structure.
- Ensure up to date records of all local insurance arrangements is held in the global insurance repository.
Responsible for the annual global renewal information collation and analysis to allow for timely and effective renewal negotiations.
- Provide advice, support and guidance to Country and Regional Offices relating to general insurance covers and re-charges and take direct accountability for this.
- Manage and take accountability for all insurance claims below £25,000 and support the Global Head of Insurance in administering the large and complex claims.
- Ensure that information is made available to relevant stakeholders in efficient manner; processes are updated as relevant and Intranet is up to date.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Ensure, on global basis, all local compliance with insurance requirements and as agreed under global insurance structure and report on regular basis to the Finance Committee of the Board
- Ensure up to date records of all 300+ local insurance policies are held in the global insurance repository
- Prepare, update, and present accurately, all the information required by insurers, brokers and service providers in accordance with the annual renewal timetable
- Participate in, and contribute to, the negotiation of insurance policy renewals, to obtain the best possible combination of premiums, excesses and terms, appropriate to SCI’s needs
- Administer relevant policy documents and process renewal invoices in correspondence to the insurance budget
- Take responsibility for the implementation of Datix as SCI’s in-house insurance and claims management system and the interface of this with Marsh’s Marsh Global Connect
- Create and maintain accurate records of losses and claims, and ensure that timely and accurate information and statistics are supplied by insurers / claims managers
- Respond to notifications of loss, damage or injury, and ensure that the correct claims reporting procedures are understood and followed by staff and volunteers
- Manage insurance claims and support in administration of complex claims until their final reimbursement to the correct budget holder/claimant
- Draft and distribute internal procedural guidelines and information documents
- Respond to requests for information or guidance from any part of SCI and from external service providers, and to provide a helpful and meaningful response
- Undertakes gap analysis between local cover and global policies and support in effective resolution of any unacceptable gaps
- Identify and flag new insurance risks to the Global Head of Insurance and communicate with brokers and insurers accordingly.
- Communicate insurance arrangements and insurable risk management guidelines to stakeholders using appropriate media
- To participate fully as a member of the Risk team, being prepared to contribute to the formulation of work plans and support team members by working flexibly to ensure the effective provision of services
- Develop an understanding of insurance and risk financing theory and practice (with external study and tuition if appropriate)
- Participate in external groups and organisations (e.g. Airmic) when doing so will contribute to the effectiveness of the role performed in SCI
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Save the Children
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international non-governmental organization that promotes children's rights, provides relief and helps support children in developing countries