Family Tracing and Reunification Consultancy
Job TypeFull Time
QualificationBA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
Save the Children, through DANIDA funding, is running a four-year (2018-2021) regional humanitarian project that seeks to contribute towards children (boys and girls) and their families benefitting from life-saving humanitarian assistance, protection, and psychosocial wellbeing, resilience, and self-reliance in the East and Horn of Africa. The project focuses on child protection systems strengthening, advocacy, and capacity building particularly in relation to family tracing and reunification (FTR) and mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS), whilst also aiming to improve available evidence through research.
Qualifications and Experience
The consultant/team is expected to fulfill the following specifications:
- A master’s degree in International Relations/Development, Protection, Conflict and Security Studies, Social Sciences or any other related area of study;
- Demonstrable experience on matters relating to conflict and displacement locally, regionally, and globally.
- Experience in children affected by conflict and/or refugees is highly desirable.
- Experience working with the UN and international NGOs in the humanitarian and development context.
- Experience of working with children issues highly desirable.
- Experience in carrying out Progress Reviews relating to Child Protection in Emergencies (CPiE), preferably in
- Family Tracing and Reunification (FTR) Programmes in Africa.
- Proven experience in designing research projects, with humanities research skills and experience in the subject area of Child Protection/ Child Rights at least 5 years. Experience in gender-inclusive research as a desirable
- Good understanding of legal and policy frameworks in the Horn of Africa;
- Good understanding of socio-economic dynamics, especially conflict-related displacement, in the Horn of Africa;
- Strong skills in monitoring, evaluation, and learning methodologies.
- Excellent computer, editing, analytical, and reporting skills;
- Proven track record of producing publishable reports;
- High standard of written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of Arabic would be an added advantage.
- Full availability during the consultancy period
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education, and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
All children learn from quality basic education and that,
Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Save the Children
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international non-governmental organization that promotes children's rights, provides relief and helps support children in developing countries