CAAC MEAL and Research Specialist
Job Type Full Time
Job Field Research / Data Analysis
The CAAC MEAL and Research Specialist represents a crucial aspect of programme quality management within the CAAC Programme. He/she oversees the MEAL system, feeds into Regional and Global PCIC/CivMil/CPiE strategy & planning as well as Global Results Framework, participates in proposal development & leads on reporting to donors and Save the Children’s annual report. He/she rolls out a system for monitoring organisational progress against the Programme Quality Standards, and develops and implements a realistic MEAL dashboard of indicators to regularly feedback on quality, ensuring that such systems are institutionalised within the existing thematic programme cycle framework and RPU strategic plan, and that CAAC Programme Staff have the capacity to implement the systems. The CAAC MEAL and Research Specialist also designs accountability systems for the specific programme components, ensuring that child’s participation in all feedback mechanisms is relevant and meaningful. Critical to this role is an ability to coordinate inputs (e.g. Total Reach and reporting to Save the Children).
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience of working on all elements of MEAL including designing, rolling out and managing systems.
- Proven experience in designing Terms of Reference and managing large-scale evaluations. Ability to design and review evaluation tools and approaches, including operations research.
- Awareness of international quality standards (Red Cross Code of Conduct, SPHERE Standard, HAP Standard) and proven experience of using these standards in practical ways to promote quality and accountable programming.
- Direct experience of working with communities in participatory activities, including confidence in working with children and an understanding of child-friendly participatory methodologies.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in whilst presenting complex information in a succinct manner.
- Ability to travel to the field approximately at least 30 % as well as travel to participate in regional meetings and learning events
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
- Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy.
- Fluency in French, both verbal and written, desirable
- Contract duration: 3 years
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
- We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Save the Children
The Save the Children Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international non-governmental organization that promotes children's rights, provides relief and helps support children in developing countries