Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization.
We currently seek a Sales Consultant.
Job Purpose Statement: Provide support to the sales and marketing team to formulate and implement strategy so as to increase the sale of organic fertilizers and insect based animal protein by more than 30x within 12 months.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop standardized sales procedures based on the problem led selling approach. Train and coach all sales and marketing staff to adopt problem led selling.
- Increase product knowledge and understanding of the market and competition to help the sales team find the most effective selling strategies
- Indirect Sales: Assist in the creation of procedures and protocols designed to increase conversion of leads into sales to Agrovets and distributors.
- Direct sales: Assist in the creation of procedures and protocols designed to increase conversion of leads into sales to large scale farmers and corporates.
- Work with the marketing department to help improve brand awareness and brand loyalty.
- Improve the organization’s capacity to generate leads for large scale farms, corporates and partners for the sale of organic fertilizers by
(a) leveraging on your extensive network in this sector
(b) setting a structured approach to help sales managers to improve their capacity to network.
- Improve the organization’s capacity to generate leads for feed millers for the sale of insect based animal protein by (a) leveraging on your extensive network in this sector (b) setting a structured approach to help sales managers to improve their capacity to network.
- Develop and implement proposals that will enhance sales excellence at Sanergy, that leans heavily on data and evidence based decision making.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Degree or higher level education in an Agricultural related course
- Previous experience in significantly scaling up agri input sales
- >10 years’ experience in consultative B2B selling
- >10 years’ experience in building and managing sales teams, preferably in direct sales with a clear track record of high performance
- Aptitude for numbers and data-driven decision-making
- Knowledge of the agricultural inputs market for small and medium-scale farmers is a must.
- Knowledge of the agricultural inputs market for large scale farmers and corporates is a must.
- Willingness to work outside of Nairobi and travel to support the sales team approx. 60% of the time.
- Valid driver’s license and min. 10 years driving experience
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of franchised micro-entrepreneurs, who operate low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities - called Fresh Life Toilets. We provide critical support services - such as access to finance, business analytics, training, and marketing. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer, insect-based animal feed, and renewable energy. Finally, we sell the end products to Kenyan farms under the brand name Farm Star.