Maintenance Improvement Manager
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldEngineering / Technical
Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization.
We currently seek a Maintenance Improvement Manager to join our Operational Excellence Department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and revise maintenance processes and procedures
- Develop and own maintenance improvement projects
- Direct the maintenance improvement team in the execution of maintenance projects
- Develop and own budgets for maintenance improvement projects
- Train the maintenance improvement team in using problem solving techniques
- Propose corrective and preventive actions for all maintenance issues
- Train the maintenance team in identifying effective corrective and preventive actions
- Take lead in the implementation of corrective and preventive actions
- Propose changes/improvement to existing problem solving techniques
- Attend the daily scrum with the supporting teams; Logistics, Customer Support, Production, Fabrication
- Provide timely and accurate updates to requesting teams on maintenance related issues
- Ensuring there is effective collaboration within the team and with the requesting teams
- Manage all maintenance related vendors
- Identify new maintenance related vendors
- Develop an annual plan for PMs, Operator Assessments and Operator training
- Ensure PMs, Operator Assessments and Operator training are completed as per the schedules
- Propose the required TAT and budget for all Breakdowns
- Ensure Breakdowns are resolved within the agreed turnaround time
- Forecast breakdowns for all assets for the year
- Propose and implement actions to reduce the variance between the plan and actuals
- Manage all asset spares, tools and consumables.
- Develop and maintain the maintenance budget for all assets for the year
- Share weekly reports on maintenance expenses for all assets broken down into AM, PM and BM costs
Hold 1:1 meetings with direct reports and assist team mates in finding solutions to problems through effective use of asking questions and precision listening
- Provide feedback to direct reports at least once a week
- Share a report on feedback provided and received at least once a week
- Rate team performance on a weekly basis
- Implement team development plans
- Coach the maintenance team on how to learn from mistakes – Share a report of team failures and learning derived from them
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of franchised micro-entrepreneurs, who operate low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities - called Fresh Life Toilets. We provide critical support services - such as access to finance, business analytics, training, and marketing. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer, insect-based animal feed, and renewable energy. Finally, we sell the end products to Kenyan farms under the brand name Farm Star.