The company seeks to recruit HSSE Associate for our Kilifi Office who will support coordination of quality, health, safety and environmental activities in the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in the assessment, design, implementation and maintenance of process changes required to achieve and maintain standards set by workplace safety regulatory bodies e.g. as DOSH.
- Participate in the assessment, design, implementation and maintenance of process changes required to achieve and maintain standards set by environmental regulatory bodies e.g. NEMA
- Support operational teams to implement workplace organization (5S). Coach operational team members on 5S and innovative improvements.
- Coordinate all workplace audit inspections and the collection, analysis, reporting and development of HSSE CAPA across all ICS sites.
- Coordinate with operational teams to ensure timely resolution of HSSE CAPA.
- Coordinate execution of HSSE activities relating to fire preparedness, accident & incident preparedness and employee wellness.
- Coordinate HSSE learning and competence across operational teams by facilitating training sessions, safety inductions and tool box talks.
- Assist in adherence and incremental improvement to waste management procedures
- Support in leading process diagnostic sessions (RCAs) to identify problems and correct them.
- Maintain and improve HSSE source documents. Maintain all HSSE records including general registers, training records, MSDS database etc.
- Closely collaborate with operational teams on all matters QHSE and ensure their adherence to internal and external standards.
- Support in coordination of employee welfare activities such as implementation of deworming and vaccination sessions.
- Support in development of work instructions and SOPs for QHSE processes.
- Support in implementation, updating, review and auditing of the Company’s QHSE system in line with the prevailing legislation and company directives.
- Conduct regular risk assessments to ensure corrective and preventive actions are implemented, especially for high risk teams and areas.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, biological sciences, or ESH related fields
- 0 – 1 years of experience in quality, health, safety and environment related work
- Proficiency in MS packages (word, excel, powerpoint)
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of franchised micro-entrepreneurs, who operate low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities - called Fresh Life Toilets. We provide critical support services - such as access to finance, business analytics, training, and marketing. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer, insect-based animal feed, and renewable energy. Finally, we sell the end products to Kenyan farms under the brand name Farm Star.