Finance & Regulatory Specialist
Job TypeFull Time
QualificationBA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
Experience5 – 10 years
Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
Sanergy is looking for an exceptional individual who seeks to transform Kenya by joining our Government Affairs and Policy team. The Finance & Regulatory Specialist will examine and analyse the fiscal and regulatory regime in Kenya as well as other countries in which Sanergy plans to expand or support local partners in expanding sanitation services, and then will fight for regulatory and financial reform in the sector.
Together with other teams within Sanergy, the Finance & Regulatory Specialist will establish strategies as to how the current fiscal and regulatory regimes could be amended within the legal jurisdiction.
The Finance & Regulatory Specialist will also support Government Departments through technical support & policy amendment to sustainably improve finance regimes.
- Develop and deploy a strategy to work closely with relevant government stakeholders to increase the prioritization of national and county budgeting in WASH and sanitation.
- Work with the system to become involved in the budget-making process in Kenya.
- Build capacity of government and other relevant stakeholders on the importance of increased financing reform to shape future growth of sector Understand how.
- Develop recommended financing structures and mechanisms – with hard numbers to back up the ideas! – to promote government investment in serving low–income areas with sanitation.
- Develop and deploy a strategy to work closely with relevant government stakeholders to strengthen the regulatory environment such that non–sewered sanitation is recognized and measurable.
- Build capacity of government and other relevant stakeholders on the importance of regulatory reform to shape future growth of the sector.
- Develop recommended metrics for stakeholder analysis and uptake.
- Coordinate, prepare, or review regulatory submissions for projects.
- Maintain current knowledge base of existing and emerging regulations, standards, or guidance documents.
- Interpret regulatory rules or rule changes and ensure that the company stays aligned with regulatory rules.
- 5 to 10 years of work experience in research & analysis in the areas of law and financing (financing for government projects a preferred specialisation)
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory reform work
- Demonstrated understanding of national and county budgeting processes
- Demonstrated understanding of the WASH sector in Kenya
- Strong connections to relevant government stakeholders
- A Master’s Degree in Finance Law (or a related degree)
- A self-starter who is motivated to conduct research without supervision
- Highly organized team player, with proactive and flexible work style.
- Language: English required. Fluency in French or Swahili is a plus.
- Humility, integrity and a sense of humour.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of franchised micro-entrepreneurs, who operate low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities - called Fresh Life Toilets. We provide critical support services - such as access to finance, business analytics, training, and marketing. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer, insect-based animal feed, and renewable energy. Finally, we sell the end products to Kenyan farms under the brand name Farm Star.