Continuous Improvement Engineer
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldEngineering / Technical
We currently seek a Continuous Improvement Engineer to join our Operational Excellence Department.
Role Mission: Lead and implement continuous improvement projects within the organization
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops plans, schedules and budgets for continuous improvement projects
- Responsible for planning and execution of continuous improvement activities
- Coordinates and reports on CI projects; timelines and budget
- Leads and drives completion of projects on time with limited supervision
- Work closely with support teams to analyse the impact of all issues and propose preventive actions
- Develop structures to measure and analyse plant effectiveness
- Develop structures to measure and analyse plant capacity and utilization
- Analyse and report on;Adherence to timelines for continuous improvement projects
- Adherence to timelines for short and medium term corrective actions
- Process cycle efficiencies
- Costs of poor quality
- Losses due to lack of mechanization, automation and energy sustainability
- Provide recommendations and lead projects on;Improving cycle efficiencies
- Reducing the costs of poor quality
- Improving mechanization, automation and energy sustainability
- Improving maintenance
- Host Kaizen workshops
- Implement lean manufacturing to continually improve the production process
- Facilitate the deployment of new and changed processes to provide improved results
- Lead improvement of existing procedures and instructions
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or project management
- Advanced degree preferred
- Six Sigma certification is desirable
- 2+ years of experience working in a similar role
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of franchised micro-entrepreneurs, who operate low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities - called Fresh Life Toilets. We provide critical support services - such as access to finance, business analytics, training, and marketing. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer, insect-based animal feed, and renewable energy. Finally, we sell the end products to Kenyan farms under the brand name Farm Star.