Assistant Factory Manager (Kilifi County)
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts. Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization.
We currently seek an Assistant Factory Manager to be based in the coastal region; Kilifi County.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Breakdown weekly production plan into daily schedules and drive daily adherence to this by linestaff in the Factory
- Breakdown Lean Daily Management projects into SMART goals with clear link to the overall goal of organizational maturity in the Factory
- Schedule and conduct Gemba walks across all sections with respective crew lead line staff to identify opportunities for improvement
- Coach crew leads and support them to understand the process and equip them to detect, escalate and resolve challenges/variances in their domains
- Lead in the development and resolution of factory level short term corrective and preventive actions
- Coach the crew leads to resolve section level day to day challenges through established problem solving toolkits
- Track key resource consumption and cost metrics. These include labour utilization & efficiency, resource utilization and machine utilization
- Analyse daily production outputs to identify wastes, develop and implement measures to improve processes in liaison with the Factory Manager
- Analyse resource productivity trends and proactively recommend continuous improvement projects to improve inefficient processes
- Lead your teammates in respective sections to execute daily production schedules
- Coordinate respective section crew leads to ensure that processes move in sync (onepiece flow) to achieve daily targets effectively and efficiently
- Work with multidisciplinary teams (R&D, Continuous improvement and Design) to ensure harmony in operations in the Factory
- Circulate and reconcile the production plan in all sections through visual controls such as Lean Management boards
- Through effective scheduling, allocate labour to various sub processes to ensure > 90% utilization.
- Develop daily production schedules and Leader Standardized Work (LSW) sheets that will be executed by the respective section crew leads.
- Review adherence to daily schedules, implement load levelling and implement actions to correct variances to ensure operations are back on track.
- Monitor day to day resource utilization to ensure that all operations are run within budget and as per the tactical plan.
- Work with respective crew leads to ensure that utilities, materials utilization, and set takt times are adhered to and tracked on the established platforms
- Coach crew leads to detect and resolve over utilization of resources within their respective sections in the factory
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (chemical, mechanical, industrial) or relevant fields
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a factory setting within either of these roles:Quality management
- Proficiency in MS Office (word, excel) or Google suite (docs, sheets)
- Able to handle coordination and execution of multiple projects
- Great collaboration, communication and people skills
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Sanergy is an award-winning social venture that builds healthy, prosperous communities by making hygienic sanitation accessible and affordable in Africa’s urban informal settlements. Our systems-based approach to solving the sanitation crisis involves five key steps: we build a dense network of franchised micro-entrepreneurs, who operate low-cost, high-quality waterless sanitation facilities - called Fresh Life Toilets. We provide critical support services - such as access to finance, business analytics, training, and marketing. We collect the waste regularly and safely remove it from the community. We convert the waste into valuable end products, such as organic fertilizer, insect-based animal feed, and renewable energy. Finally, we sell the end products to Kenyan farms under the brand name Farm Star.