Team Leader (Nairobi)
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldAdministration / Secretarial
In preparation for Samasource’s next phase of growth, we are sourcing for an experienced and seasoned Teal Lead.
This role will provide day-to-day support in running of the individual production team and ensuring that their performance are met and needs raised through the correct channels for assistance and support. This position is focused on the transformation of the current norms within the delivery teams to achieve the next levels of excellence.
You will serve as a key partner to the Account Manager and reporting directly to this role.
- Ensure that the allocated work is properly distributed to all the team members and is executed in a timely manner.
- Ensuring the department’s productivity is maximized to the required standards and the pre-defined KPI’s, performance targets and standards are achieved in accordance with the business plan.
- Monitor and report progress on performance, provide feedback and take appropriate corrective action. Ensure that personal targets and deadlines are met.
- Provide support and assistance for team members to assist in the development of their skills and knowledge and identifying campaign training requirements.
- Provide regular coaching and training on new and existing products and changes to any processes.
- Conduct regular quality assessments and coaching; offering constructive feedback, which will include QA feedback sessions and continuously developing quality.
- Prepare daily individual performance activity reports, incident logs and shift planners to ensure that the statistics are well interpreted to meet the required business standards.
- Provide the team with appropriate communication and gain their feedback through regular team meetings.
- To motivate the team to provide a first class service to all our clients whilst ensuring business targets are met.
- Work closely with the other Team Leaders to ensure that queries across all areas of the business are handled.
- Recognize & celebrate team & individual accomplishments & exceptional performance
- Carry out any other ad hoc duties as may be requested, from time to time, by immediate Manager
- The Team Leader shall keep the Operations Manager/Management informed of schedules, priorities, accomplishments & ongoing issues, participate in achieving resolutions to identified issues.
- Drive the Samasource culture and values within the team.
- Promote team work, optimize and maximize personal and team potential and encourage staff development.
- A degree or diploma in a business related field.
- Two years of work experience in a contact center environment.
- Minimum 1 years of experience in Team leader position in a busy contact center
- Experience in both data and voice accounts will be advantageous
- Able to handle, prioritize, multiple projects simultaneously
- IT literacy in Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of English and Swahili
- Fluent in English (written and verbal) and Swahili
- Great attention to detail and feedback skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Planning and organizing skills
- Fast learner and able to break down complex information into simple concepts.
- Reporting and analysis skills
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Excellent team player and captain
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Samasource was founded in 2008 in order to lift people out of poverty by connecting them to dignified digital work. Since then, we've employed more than 8,000 people in Kenya, Uganda, India, and Haiti. Samasource was born out of the belief that talent is equally distributed, but opportunity is not. â€‹â€‹ We help unlock opportunity for low-income people by sourcing data projects from some of the world's largest companies. Our industry-leading services help our clients achieve their business goals, while radically altering the life trajectory of our workers, who earn a living wage and lift themselves out of poverty.