Product Support Lead
The Sama Product Team is building tools at the intersection of humans and AI/ML technology, enabling our teams to deliver secure, high-quality training data and validation for the technology teams driving humanity forward. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, idealistic Product Manager who loves to create innovative, intuitive, and efficient tools to distill product features that have a business impact!
You’ll be working collaboratively with our global team and workforce to combine the proper combination of software applications, data collection and reporting, and business process reengineering. We’re playing in a huge space with lots of technical complexities. We’d like a candidate that will blend impeccable attention to detail with an intuitive sense for product. If you know when to build vs buy, love to integrate complex systems, can listen to users, summarize their needs in user stories, and can align stakeholders from diverse parts of the business, we need your help to re-imagine work!
- Identify gaps between use and desired outcome that stand between product (Sama) functionality and user success milestones
- Translate gaps into a strategic plan and roadmap to enhance user knowledge of the product
- Work with managers and cross functional teams to scope training requirements, objectives and resources
- Collaborating with other departments to break down project requirements, setting deadlines and monitoring them.
- Leading in evaluation and launch of new Sama functions and capabilities
- Design the GSD Product engagement strategy in line with the Product roadmap to include designing and gaining alignment on: Product adoption process, GSD Product support org, tools to manage change.
- Design, develop and maintain technical documentation and curricula for training.
- Conduct in person and virtual product training for Agents, Team Leads, Quality Analysts, and Project Managers and assess training effectiveness.
- Adapt materials for different user levels as needed
- Provide Sama technical support for users via the ticketing system and on floor support.
- Lead key GSD experiments that support efficiency gains
- Be the driver of the product feedback loop.
- Identify gaps to be addressed by product enhancements and features rather than user knowledge, gather user requirements and communicate to product manager.
- Participate and contribute in product feature release activities for training material and product knowledge content development (UAT, observing users using the product, focus groups)
- Know the Sama roadmap
- Know the product definition: what it does and does not do and why (beyond its scope)
- Clearly articulate user problems to stakeholders: know the difference between user wants and true needs that are barriers to effective use.
- Document valuable user insights so that they are not lost, know key points from conversations that should feed into training or product features
- Lead management of GSD R&D support team to meet demands of Global R&D roadmap, to include set up of A/B testing , leading project set up and feedback to R&D.
- Brief Results of R&D experiments to Global stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or technical skills learned on the job
- 5+ years of product management or similar experience
- Experience working with distributed teams across time zones
- Product Manager experience would be an added advantage
- Ability to assess user knowledge levels, training needs and determine strategic objectives
- Ability to communicate strategic knowledge objectives to executive management
- Ability to explain technical complexities of software and present complex information to a variety of audiences from entry level worker to executive
- Ability to structure product training material and adapt content to different levels of user
- Ability to share knowledge in a variety of modes, including boardroom presentation, group facilitation, product demos, web meeting or recording and LMS content
- Understanding of software design and development lifecycle: discovery, design, development, user feedback.
Organized, efficient multi-tasker with good planning skills and ability to adhere to deadlines
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills, ability to be creative and innovative
- Content development skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work, be responsive to user and business needs, demonstrate a sense of urgency when appropriate
- Passionate for helping others and seeing them succeed
- Ability to motivate others
- A patient and friendly approach to imparting knowledge
- Ability to work independently and part of collaborative team
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across an enterprise toward mutual success
- Ability to work across groups managing individuals both directly and indirectly to achieve a common goal
- Ability to work across time zones when needed
- MS Office and Google Drive suite: documents, spreadsheets, presentations
- Excellence in spreadsheet usage and task management systems (like Podio or Asana)
- JIRA ticketing system(or other Service desk system) ,
- Remote communication tools: email, Slack (chat), Zoom (web conference)
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Samasource was founded in 2008 in order to lift people out of poverty by connecting them to dignified digital work. Since then, we've employed more than 8,000 people in Kenya, Uganda, India, and Haiti. Samasource was born out of the belief that talent is equally distributed, but opportunity is not. â€‹â€‹ We help unlock opportunity for low-income people by sourcing data projects from some of the world's largest companies. Our industry-leading services help our clients achieve their business goals, while radically altering the life trajectory of our workers, who earn a living wage and lift themselves out of poverty.