About the Job:
Are you an educational enthusiast ready to take on the challenge and wear multiple hats, playing the role of facilitator, innovator, researcher and developer? We are looking for an Instructional Designer to design and develop our learning programs. The incumbent’s main role will be to support the design and development of engaging instructional content for Sama in order to meet the distinctive learning needs of our employees. He or she will need to be a creative problem solver and will report to the Content Design Manager.
- Identify the performance, skills, knowledge, information and attitude gaps of a targeted audience and create, select and/or suggest learning experiences to fill this gap.
- Work with the subject matter experts to:Identify target audience’s training needs
- Develop new curricula
- Review, evaluate and update existing curricula
- Build courses, write and review eLearning modules
- Set instructional end goals and create content that matches them
- Enhance the learning process by creating assessment materials to measure the effectiveness of the course
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc)
- Analyze and apply trends and best practices in instructional design
- Support management of the LMS and training on use of the LMS
- Maintain a library of training content and course folders
- Work collaboratively across all functional areas to manage and coordinate implementation of new curricula
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content
- Work with subject matter experts to identify company and staff training needs & develop content around it.
Other duties as may be assigned
- Degree in Education, Curriculum Development, Organizational Development or a similar and relevant field is required
- In-depth knowledge of adult learning principles and concepts
- Comprehensive knowledge of current instructional theories and principles applicable to both online and instructor-led learning programs
- Development of creative and engaging training materials for an adult audience, in a variety of formats and media.
- Sound knowledge of multimedia used in eLearning
- Minimum 3 years experience demonstrated proficiency in developing curricula, designing, building and deploying instructor-led eLearning modules using real-time technology
- Comprehensive understanding and experience working with learning management systems. Experience working with Moodle will be an added advantage.
- Advanced to intermediate computer experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge and functional writing, including consistent and correct use of the tense, grammar/ spelling and terminology that is interesting and varied
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, high performance environment
- Good organizational and time management skills; ability to be flexible and solve problems
- Strong proof-reading skills to produce error free material
- Ability to ask appropriate questions, probe for understanding, and work in collaboration with others to achieve desired results
- Ability to produce learning materials to include facilitator/ instructor and participant manuals
- Experience creating instructional material for the adult learner
- Experience in teaching/ training or working with young adults is essential
- Have an understanding of eLearning techniques. Participation in an online or blended program is required
- Knowledge of workforce development and the gig economy would be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of career development or experience in teaching it would be an added advantage
- Experience working with Kenya Institute of Curriculum Development (KICD) to develop the digital school curriculum (instructional design experience) would be an added advantage
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Samasource was founded in 2008 in order to lift people out of poverty by connecting them to dignified digital work. Since then, we've employed more than 8,000 people in Kenya, Uganda, India, and Haiti. Samasource was born out of the belief that talent is equally distributed, but opportunity is not. â€‹â€‹ We help unlock opportunity for low-income people by sourcing data projects from some of the world's largest companies. Our industry-leading services help our clients achieve their business goals, while radically altering the life trajectory of our workers, who earn a living wage and lift themselves out of poverty.