Business Development Executive – Market Research
Job TypeFull Time
Experience2 – 3 years
Job FieldSales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Sagaci Research is seeking a market researcher with agency experience, fluent in English and French, who wishes to transition and accelerate into a sales / business development career.
With offices in 15 African countries and field operations in a further 19, Sagaci Research is the leading provider of African market data and analysis.
In a continent where garnering reliable and up-to-date information can frequently be a challenge, our mission is to provide clients with data and insight that helps them to maximise their potential in some of the world´s fastest-growing markets.
Today our expert researchers are responsible for designing and delivering custom research projects. We acknowledge that they are the best people to guide our clients and prospective clients to the best possible solution and methodology to answer their business challenges, but that it can be a challenge for them to juggle their competing priorities and to keep on top of the sales process.
As a result we have created a new and extremely important role within our organisation – a Business Development Executive for Custom Research- who has the remit to support our expert researchers by leading the sales process for incoming leads generated through our digital marketing activity or generated by our inside sales team. You will always be working with warm leads and there is no requirement for prospecting.
What will you do?
- Managing and qualifying inbound leads where custom research is requested
- Managing pre-qualified leads generated by our inside syndicated product sales team
- Arranging discovery calls and sales presentations with these customers and prospects
- Writing custom research proposals
- Ensuring that our CRM and sales pipeline is updated in order for us to properly track the metrics that drive our business.
- Working closely with our Research Directors to garner their input and knowledge for proposals
Who are you?
- You are driven, passionate & resilient
- You are a great communicator in English and French – both written and verbal
- You are a current or former researcher who has worked agency side with a minimum of 2 to 3 years experience
- You have excellent knowledge of consumer and / or trade research and feel confident to make recommendations to clients on how to conduct research to provide the answers that will help them meet their business objectives
- You enjoy the commercial and sales aspect of your role as a researcher and are happy to be less involved in the actual delivery and presentation of results
- You have a meticulous attention to detail and are extremely well organised, able to juggle multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Emotionally intelligent and adaptable – you easily adapt to different personalities, cultures and levels.
- You are intellectually curious and love to learn and are prepared to operate outside your comfort zone in order to do so.
- You are a team player. You are not shy to ask for help.
- You are self-directed and able to take the initiative
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Sagaci Research
Sagaci Research provides high-quality market research and market intelligence to businesses interested in African countries. Sagaci Research reports, databases and field research (quantitative/qualitative) provide an up-to-date in-depth understanding of the key sectors in the region (consumer goods, retail, telecommunications, financial services, construction / real-estate,...). Sagaci Research, founded in 2012 by former employees from The Boston Consulting Group (BCG), has offices in Abidjan, Accra, Algiers, Barcelona, Cairo, Dar-es-Salaam, Hong Kong, Lagos, Nairobi, N'Djamena, Maputo, Paris and is operating in 20+ countries across the African continent.