Senior Manager; Investor Relations
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Finance Planning Analysis & Investor Relations department within the Finance division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief Posting Description
Reporting to the Head of Department; Financial Planning and Investor Relations, the individual is responsible for delivering value to shareholders through leading and managing the investor relations operations of the organization. They will work closely with the Head of Department in strategic decision making and assist in operational functions in the unit.
- Develop investor confidence and belief in the company’s vision and strategy for delivering shareholder value through development of a robust investor relations strategy and framework
- Provide strong leadership in professional and operational matters, contributing new and best practice approaches to investor relations and capital markets approach.
- Lead, coach and mentor the IR team demonstrated through efficiency of team workflow, improved engagement with internal cross functional teams, better performance in terms of responsiveness to investors and more insight to management on stock performance
- Oversee the development of investor relations market insight reports utilizing Bloomberg analysis and feedback from investor engagements.
- Create and manage a strong. reputation by demonstrating consistent and clear communication between internal and external parties
- Oversee coordination of investor events including earning release, AGM and Roadshows.
- Coordinates conference call and webcast hosting logistics for the analyst conference call (setting up conference call, running call management software and participant queues during the call) and investor conferences.
- Managing expectations of the market about the Safaricom’s performance, and the expectations of the board on the company’s absolute and relative valuation by investors through investor engagements.
- Work with internal teams to gather global performance data, competitive analysis, and in-depth financial and strategic information to draft and issue earnings and news releases on material information to the investment community and other external stakeholders.
- Oversee coordination of information gathering within the organization to respond to investors’ questions and develop presentations for major announcements (Including investor presentations for earnings release).
- Ensure compliance with the regulatory environment.
- Carry out shareholder analysis and targeting by analyzing shareholder base, identifying underweight or non-investors and carryout investor targeting for roadshows and conferences.
- Lead the analysis of current and potential institutional ownership of the company’s stock and create and help develop a plan to optimize the shareholder base for the company.
- Develop earnings release investor presentations and annual integrated report focusing on key disclosures on the Safaricom’s material issues including operating environment/macroeconomics, financial performance and strategy. IR function coordinates the development of the Integrated Report, as the report is a key investor communications tool.
- Others key roles include; Ensure response to investor email queries, management of the contact database, Website and development and management of the IR Budget
- Create complex financial models for both the Company and its competitors to develop an internal strategic and competitive framework from which senior management team can better assess overall corporate performance and institutional investor expectations.
- Graduate with a financial or communications related degree from a recognized University. MBA will be an added advantage
- Strong financial exposure/background understanding of dynamics in the investment environment. A Chartered
- Financial Analyst (CFA) Level 1 qualification is an added advantage
- Demonstratable strong numeric and analytical skills
- Excellent cross function and cross seniority communicator
- Minimum five years’ experience of media and/or investor relations or financial operations in a telecom or fintech environment
- Excellent proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be flexible to travel within and outside Kenya
- Proven communication and presentation skills, including messaging skills, applied confidently and consistently in a high pressure environment
- Organizational and project management experience and the drive to lead projects to successful outcomes
- Effective networking skills and the clear experience quickly building trust and rapport with internal and external stakeholders
- Credibility and gravitas, both with external and internal constituencies
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Safaricom Kenya
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA