Principal Engineer; Cyber Prevent & Defense
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Cyber Security Department within the Corporate Security division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
The Cyber Security Prevent & Defense Team is responsible for implementing cyber security architecture and policies. The team oversees the day-to-day maintenance of the Cyber Security Infrastructure, managing support SLAs with both internal and external customers, and running of key cyber security programs.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Cyber Prevent and Defense, the successful candidate will lend support in day to day operations and maintenance of Cyber Security services to ensure 99.999% availability. He /she will provide technical security expertise and 2nd level support to staff and teams to ensure the efficient use of systems and tools. He or she will be responsible for managing key cyber security programs across the organization.
- Driving standards of excellence to achieve Cyber Security strategy.
- Facilitate implementation, management, compliance, and optimization of Cyber Security policies, baselines, standards, and processes in order to improve posture.
- Operational team lead in the configuration, management and optimization of cyber security endpoint technologies.
- Lead in the implementation, management and optimization of controls to mitigate cyber risks, and audit findings (Internal and External).
- Serve as the primary point of contact & escalation point for Security Administration tasks: provisioning and deprovisioning, installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and support.
- Lead efforts in change management, continuous improvement and documentation around Cyber Security solutions and processes.
- Responsible for the set-up, coordination, execution, and maintenance of the incident management in conjunction with incident management team.
- Ensure management and maturity of patching and vulnerability management program.
- Ensure coverage, adequacy and KPIs of endpoint security controls are met and continually approved.
- Ensure agreed support SLAs are met with respective cyber security vendors.
- Provide 2nd level support to staff and contractors for better experience
- Degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science/information Technology
- At least one professional Information Security Qualification: CISSP/CISM/CISA
- Advance competencies in Microsoft, Linux or Unix Operating Systems administration
- Advance competencies experience in Information Security Technologies
- Advance competencies in Network Security: CCNP or CCIE (Security) is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with Cyber security technologies
- Experience in design, delivery and support of Information Security solutions to customers will be an added advantage.
- Expert level analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
- Good report writing and communication skills
- Good at coordinating and leading teams.
- Analytical Thinking. Customer focused.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Safaricom Kenya
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA