M-Pesa Africa – Quality Engineering Manager
We are pleased to announce the subject career opportunity within Technology (M-Pesa Africa) reporting to the Senior Manager-Software Engineering.
The Quality Engineering Manager is responsible for owning, managing, and driving quality engineering practices within our various agile release trains. Current ART’s include Digital, Business Payments, and Financial Services.
- The quality engineering Manager will be fully responsible for functional, non-functional, and automated testing within the specific agile release train.
- The role is responsible to drive towards innovative ways of driving customer satisfaction on all as part of our product build.
- This role is responsible for providing expert knowledge of test strategy/frameworks and automation of end-to-end test design, execution, and validation, and deficiency identification and remediation, to enable target business capabilities/user journeys and customer satisfaction.
- This role will be required to create, manage, and mentor a practice of Quality engineers across the agile release trains, ensuring the development and maintenance of highly skilled and motivated practice members.
- The role is responsible for maturing the quality engineering practices and frameworks through the adoption of modern practices towards full automation and DevOps adoption.
- Drive efficiencies through the use of data for AI-driven testing to improve the quality of the process and products.
- Drive agile testing practices like testing automation, test-driven development, and shifting left.
- The role is responsible for building and maintaining quality engineering platforms, quality governance within the agile release train teams.
- The role is responsible for end-to-end ownership of all test environments and driving the strategy on environments.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Regular team and one-on-one engagements
- Build the skillset according to the fit for future program
- Team performance management and building high performing SDET team
- Facilitate and empower teams in achieving high performances in Solution delivery, ensuring quality standards are achieved.
- E2E accountability for testing execution
- E2E accountability for management UATs
- E2E accountability for performance testing
- E2E Accountability for GDR testing and disruptive testing
- E2E accountability for testing automation as part of the DevOps strategy
- Responsible for automated regression testing for all exposed APIs
- Responsible for automated regression testing for all backend system APIs to be used for upgrades
- Responsible for decreasing the testing time by 50% and increasing coverage and quality to have zero major bugs on production.
- Accountable for building and maintaining testing environments for all IT solutions
- Accountable for setting up and maintaining quality engineering platforms
Apply if you have:
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related technical field or a combination of Business Administration and Technical.
- 5+ years of work experience in software quality assurance, testing, programming, and /or systems analysis
- At least three years of software engineering or quality assurance leadership responsibilities in large delivery organizations
- Extensive experience of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes, with experience writing and executing comprehensive test plans and cases
- Extensive experience of automated testing tools and frameworks
- Extensive experience working with agile methodologies, such as Scrum, Kanban, XP, TDD, and BDD
- Competency in UX/UI principles and practices
- Experience working in cloud-native environments
- Professional experience and knowledge of the Fintech industry preferred
- Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) preferred
We are happy if you have:
- Understanding of Design thinking methodologies
- Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) preferred
What you can expect from us:
- We believe in a fair and robust interview process
- We have a robust flexible total reward scheme
- Dedicated support and mentoring/coaching
- Opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life integration. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career and achieve your full potential
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Safaricom Kenya
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA