DigiFarm Tech Lead
Job Type Full Time
Experience 2 – 5 years
Job Field ICT / Computer
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Digifarm Kenya Limited. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Senior Manager Business Engagement, the position holder will oversee planning, development, and delivery the DigiFarm Tech Roadmap. Furthermore, the holder of the position is expected to collaborate with leadership teams in the value streams to ensure the timely delivery.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Managing the delivery of multiple complex simultaneous development projects from design to delivery
- Coach and guide the development team on implementation and adoption of new technologies in the market (fit for future technologies) to improve the efficiency of delivery
- Define strategy and best practices for Digifarm to give an edge in the market.
- Accountable for managing CAPEX and OPEX budgets for DKL Tech.
- Work closely with internal teams to achieve seamless delivery
- Define the enterprise architecture for Digifarm tech
- Project Pipeline Management End to End
- Coming up with the Technical Strategy for Digifarm Solution
- Liaison between Digifarm & 3rd party vendors
- Leading delivery of solutions and products while working with external partners
- Managing multi-stakeholder relationships and delivering multi-stakeholder projects
- Promote proper release planning, guaranteeing adherence to business needs and priorities and as a consequence, contribute to the reduction of development costs in future.
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology related subject;
- Minimum 5 years + experience in software development in a busy IT environment.
- Minimum 2 Years in a leadership role, leading a team of developers, architects, business analysts & Engineers.
- Experience in Software Engineering methodologies including Agile, Micro-services architecture.
- Experience in building enterprise grade micro-services-based solutions, automated scaling in and out of services and session management and caching servers
- Experience in End to End Solutions Delivery
- Project Management Experience in Solution Delivery
- Skilled in product development, innovation, solutions architecture, technical and business analysis, project management, product lifecycle, product conceptualization, team management and capacity building
- Excellent Stakeholder & BRM Skills.
- Certifications in TOGAF, Scrum Agile, Cisco, AWS are desirable.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About Safaricom Kenya
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA