Fixed Consumer Technical Lead
We are pleased to announce the following Position in the Digital IT Department within the Technology Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Consumer IT Lead, the position holder shall provide leadership in driving delivery of Consumer Business Unit projects using Business Doman and IT knowledge. Leading a team of Architects and Business Analysts, as well as virtual IT delivery teams to implement Consumer Fixed (Home Fibre) propositions. Break down complex requirements into simple trackable tasks. Be committed to high quality and delivery on time.
- Responsible for all Domain business projects by resourcing and leading virtual teams across IT
- Responsible for delivering 95% of the projects on time
- Responsible for ensuring project stability within max 48 hours
- Ensure agile is implemented in at least 50% of the projects
- Maintain an accurate registry of all business projects with various statuses and ensure business teams are appraised at all times
- Agree with business product leads & PMO on projects KPI’s, milestones and timelines
- Attend business strategy meetings to ensure IT is aligned with business needs
- Regular team and one-on-one engagements
- Build the team skillset according to the fit for future program
- Team performance management
- Provide budget inputs for business solutions.
- Attend BU strategy sessions
- Weekly Delivery reporting to BU HoDs and Senior Managers on the status of their deliverables
- Responsible for gathering, detailing and documenting all business requirements
- Ensure sensible consensus is reached for all requirements/specifications and help business, IT, CXX, Revenue
- Assurance and test leads to have the same mutual understanding
- Ensure test plans cover all aspects of Business Requirements and existing business rules
- Responsible for Solutions Design to meet business requirements and non-functional requirements
- Drive reuse on all technical and business functionality designed and no duplication of business components
- Collaboratively oversee the development/configuration of solutions as per agreed designs
- Provide solution architecture input into all new system tenders
- Degree in Science/computer science/Engineering/Business related.
- Certification in Business Analysis & Agile Project Management will be an added advantage
- Strong business acumen and mindset – with bias to Consumer and Sales domains
- 5+ years of software development experience in a busy IT development environment, 2 years of which must include experience in Business Analysis and Systems design.
- 3+ years’ Experience in Technical Leadership of large IT projects
- Team player who is skilled at building up and managing stakeholder relationships successfully
- Ability to persuade stakeholders and to champion effective techniques through delivery.
- Ability to drive initiatives without any formal authority in an ambiguous environment
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Safaricom is a leading communications company in Kenya with the widest and strongest coverage. The home of the famous Mobile Money service- M-PESA