Management Trainee – Communication, Fund Raising
The incumbent will support the Head of Foundation in the daily management and operations of Safal MRM Foundation. He / She will be expected to play a role in organizing fundraising efforts, program monitoring, and evaluation and communication. The internship will provide a great opportunity for the successful candidate to learn about career possibilities offered by the Safal Group / Safal MRM Foundation.
- Work closely with the Foundation Head to create communications such as annual reports, presentations, promotional materials,
- Support the Foundation to inspire new ways to connect with partners, beneficiaries on various channels including social media platforms
- Documenting and consolidation of impact stories
- Work with the Foundation manager to create a recognition and stewardship program for donors – both corporate and individual
- Build team capacity in raising grant funding from donors.
- Develop a fundraising “pitch” to improve the success rate.
- Review and synthesize content calendars and posts for our regional social media channels.
- Support the identification of critical channels and approaches through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification.
- Contribute to generating, editing, and publishing content (original text, images, video) that builds meaningful connections and encourages audience engagement.
- Participate in the continuous monitoring and evaluation of the channels by capturing, analyzing, and acting on the appropriate social data, insights, and best practices with the foundation team.
- Assisting in any other roles as assigned by the Foundation
- Provide regular monthly progress updates.
- Minimum academic qualification: A degree-level qualification, preferably in Marketing/ communication/ Journalism/ business administration
- Qualifications as an added advantage:A post-graduate degree would be an added advantage.
- General work experience (years): 0-2 years’ experience within NGO/ Social sector
- Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): 0-2 years’ experience within NGO/ Social sector
- Industry: NGO/ Social Sector/ Non-Profit Sector
Key competencies and skills:
- Strong research and analytical capabilities; able to think strategically about opportunities to advance the
- Foundation’s advocacy work around Education, Health, Environment, Shelter.
- Strong writing and editing skills in content writing or digital-related marketing activities; strong attention to details.
- Must be creative and poses creative writing skills.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization) knowledge and skills will be highly appreciated.
- Collaborative, innovative, eager to learn, and interested in creating and executing strategies were working alongside partners.
- Must be a proactive self-starter.
- Able to multi-task and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be authorized to work in Kenya.
- A team player with self-drive in providing solutions to demanding tasks with tight deadlines.
- A strategic problem-solver capable of steering cross-functional collaborations and producing high-quality deliverables.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suit and Google.
- An aptitude for basic/intermediate graphic design to create project/annual/quarterly reports
- Ability to adapt to new software and equipment technologies
Language requirements: English
Computer Skills: MS Office Suite
Social Media expertise: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter
Attention to detail
Additional/specific work requirements: Willing to travel to Mariakani/ Project Site on a monthly basis
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Safal Group
The company opened its first manufacturing facility in Mombasa, Kenya, in 1962, rapidly widening its reach to include further countries in East Africa, and then Southern Africa. In 2003, all operating companies were reversed into the current holding company called Safal Investments Mauritius Limited and conduct its business across Africa as the Safal Group.Today, the Safal Group manufactures in 10 African countries and sells and markets its building solutions across the continent.