- Provision of quality patient care.
- Ensure availability/maintenance of equipment/instruments that may be required for patient management.
- Ensure that any side effects from the prescribed treatment are quickly identified and managed
- Ensure high level of infection prevention in the area the nurse is operating in to avoid hospital acquired infections.
- Prepare and present timely comprehensive care and nursing reports as may be required.
- Ensure patient information is treated and handled with highest confidentiality.
- Ensure high quality nursing care in the department/unit.
- Carry out health education sessions in the department/unit and conduct orientation for newly admitted patients and new staff.
- Prescribe and give nursing care to the patients as necessary.
- Participate in the implementation of patients’ care in the ward/ unit
- Co-ordinate patients care with other departments both in and outside the ward/unit
- Ensure safe storage of drugs e.g. DDA, supplies and equipment.
- Maintain drugs and other important registers in the ward.
- Participate in ward/departmental conferences/meetings.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the departmental heads/management from time to time.
- Diploma in Nursing from a reputable institution.
- Registered and licensed by the nursing council
- 2-3 years’ experience
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Ruaraka Uhai Neema Hospital
Ruaraka Uhai Neema Hospital (RUNH) is proving every single day that it is possible to deliver healthcare to all with quality and commitment.
“Article 25 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights declares every person is entitled to the right to health. Ruaraka Uhai Neema Hospital (RUNH) is proving every single day that it is possible to deliver healthcare to all with quality and commitment. RUNH was founded by World Friends in partnership with the Catholic Archdiocese of Nairobi and CISP and has been offering quality healthcare at affordable prices to our Nairobi communities since 2009.