Clinical Officer – Paediatrics
Job Type Full Time
Experience 3 years
Job Field Medical / Healthcare
Job Summary: This position is responsible for providing efficient, effective, quality clinical services to patients following established treatment protocols.
- Provide comprehensive and good quality clinical services to patients.
- Take/review the patient’s history to ascertain the right clinical examinations and treatment.
- Diagnose and institute appropriate treatment, write prescriptions, and carry out other treatment activities while ensuring that established treatment protocols are effectively followed.
- Confirm any questionable and notifiable diseases and report them to the medical officer in charge.
- Ensure effective clinical procedures, rules, regulations which are consistent with organization procedures.
- Perform minor surgical operations.
- Participate in specific drug therapies e.g. cytotoxic drugs etc.
- In collaboration with the medical and nursing team receive and attend to patients who require emergency services
Handle referrals from subordinate health facilities.
- When necessary, arrange for patient referrals or consultations to other health facilities for specialty or higher-level management.
- Accompany patients on referrals as needed.
- Participate in outreaches or other activities such as health talks or community programs.
- Handle patient data/ information confidentially at all times.
- Prepare the weekly plans/schedules and reports.
- Ensure that the clinic environment is safe and complies with infection control standards.
- Maintain confidentiality of all activities to preserve dignity of patients.
- Document all aspects of patient care and maintain accurate and complete medical records.
- Collaborate with other members of the clinical team in improving patient care.
- Actively participate in clinical training programs, including on-job training and skills building.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the management from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Level of Education and Professional Qualifications
- Higher Diploma in clinical medicine specializing in paediatrics
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine.
- Specialist qualifications appropriate to the area of specialty.
- Valid registration certificate and practicing license from the Clinical Officers Council of Kenya.
Competencies / Abilities / Skills Required
- Must be diligent, honest and responsible
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Organized and self-directing.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Relevant Job Experience
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar position
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About Ruaraka Uhai Neema Hospital
Ruaraka Uhai Neema Hospital (RUNH) is proving every single day that it is possible to deliver healthcare to all with quality and commitment.
“Article 25 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights declares every person is entitled to the right to health. Ruaraka Uhai Neema Hospital (RUNH) is proving every single day that it is possible to deliver healthcare to all with quality and commitment. RUNH was founded by World Friends in partnership with the Catholic Archdiocese of Nairobi and CISP and has been offering quality healthcare at affordable prices to our Nairobi communities since 2009.