Program Coordinator 1 (Grade M – Project Management)
Job Type Full Time
Experience 1 year
Location Samburu , Turkana
Job Field Project Management
The Field Research Coordinator will plan and supervise the logistics of research and learning field work and supervise data collection teams for the USAID Kenya Nawiri project. Within the assigned area of responsibility, the Field Research Coordinator implements the research and learning agenda, coordinates qualitative and quantitative data collection efforts, and ensures effective coordination with local stakeholders. The Field Research Coordinator will be the first line of quality control for data. The Field Research Coordinator will identify and escalate needs, gaps and issues to RTI leadership and coordinate and prioritize multiple competing demands. The Field Research Coordinator will support efforts to assure quality research that results in effective programming, in coordination with Research and Design Lead and Manager.
There will be two Field Research Coordinators: one based in Turkana county and one based in Samburu county.
- Lead and coordinate field operations, including identifying, recruiting, and training quantitative and qualitative data collectors, overseeing field data collection, ensuring research protocols are followed and quality assurance measures are in place, and managing data security in the field and the secure flow of data from the field to the Nairobi office.
- Mobilize relevant study participants at different levels in the respective sub-counties.
- Align field team effort with research agenda and plans, including Nawiri project objectives and strategic goals, and ensure project progress and implementation
- Provide general support, guidance, and serves as focal point during field program planning, implementation, and reporting.
- Coordinate with local stakeholders at the county level.
- Write field progress reports and submit in accordance with deadlines.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with local coordination structures and stakeholders, representing the project with local authorities and civil society. Coordinate meetings between community and research teams.
- Organize and coordinate dissemination of study/research results to stakeholders at the county level Support efforts to assure program quality and accountability to program participants.
- Identify and escalate needs and issues to RTI project leadership, coordinate and prioritize multiple competing demands.
- Provide timely, concise, action-oriented reporting and communications on a scheduled and ad hoc basis to keep leadership informed and situationally aware and escalate issues as required.
- Anticipate, identify, assess implement and monitor measures to reduce or control risks that may impact field operations.
- In collaboration with Nairobi-based staff, support field logistics and administration. Activities will include but not be limited to assisting with travel and event/workshop planning, including transportation, hotel/venue booking, catering, printing and when necessary, management of reimbursements payments.
- Ensure proper documentation in accordance with RTI, Mercy Corps and USAID regulations.
Minimum Required Education & Experience
- Masters degree and 1 years of experience or Bachelors Degree and 3 years of experience in nutrition, health, social science or similar disciplines.
- Prior experience working on research projects, including coordinating quantitative and qualitative data collection and using qualitative and participatory research methods. Experience working in Turkana and Samburu counties preferred.
- Prior experience using tablets for survey data collection.
- Prior experience working with or supporting management of Office Administration functions.
- Prior experience working with USAID projects preferred.
- Computer skills, including knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, QuickBooks, and ODK or similar.
- Willingness to be flexible in working hours and adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
Skills & Abilities
- Effective interpersonal communication skills and ability to build lasting relationships
- Detail oriented, organized and able to meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated, results driven, prefers to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Proven prioritization, time management and project management skills
- Note: Please indicate the location you would wish to work(Samburu or Turkana)
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About RTI International
RTI International is a nonprofit organization headquartered in the Research Triangle Park in North Carolina that provides research and technical services.