Key Account Manager
Job Type Full Time
Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Roche Kenya is looking for a Key Account Manager specializing in Oncology & Nephrology. He/She will be responsible to effectively manage the interaction and contact with key stakeholders within the allocated customer portfolio in order to further grow the relationship and product awareness to the benefit of Roche’s business. The ideal candidate should have not less than 1-year experience as a medical representative or Key account management.
- Classify bi-annually the key stakeholders within the customer portfolio in order to effectively and efficiently manage and gauge own interaction with key stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Provide input to the team regarding establishing specific sales strategies in order to further sell Roche products.
- Maintain the knowledge and understanding of competitor activity and market intelligence/trends, in order to timeously and appropriately respond to these.
- Ensure effective and professional service delivery (key account management, after-sales service, etc) in line with the set Roche business principles to all customers on an ongoing basis.
- Identify new possible clients as well as opportunities within existing clients in order to further grow business.
- Ensure that all customer needs are accurately and proactively identified and attended to.
- Monitor own sales targets and ensure that individual targets are met or even exceeded.
- Ensure that user and promotional forums (such as workshops, round-tables, CME (Continued Medical
- Education), sponsored meetings, congresses, etc) are planned and facilitated in conjunction with Product Managers.
- Partake and provide feedback during the different Product Team Meetings regarding any developments, trends and success of the respective sales and marketing strategies.
- Accurately compile and provide the weekly reports on prospective actions and past developments as well as consolidated monthly reports to the Regional Head and Product Managers.
- Maintain and build internal relationships in order to ensure a strong network and support structure to facilitate the unit’s initiatives.
- Customer Relations
- Maintain and build customer relationships on an ongoing basis with key stakeholders in order to further grow sales and product awareness.
Provide customer service levels within the framework of “Going the Extra Mile”, but not to the detriment of Roche.
- Maintain and present a professional image of Roche and the business unit within the market place (grooming, punctuality, customer communication, customer contact).
- University degree in University degree in Medicine, Pharmacy, Biochemistry or similar field.
- Core behaviors: Walk the talk (Accountability) / Be brave (challenge the status quo) / Do it right (serving others),
Proven ability to demonstrate Roche Values
- Leadership and management skills / Organization, planning, strategic thinking, influencing and communication skills.
- Proven ability to interact well in a multi-functional team setting.
- Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Roche Kenya
Roche is a global pioneer in pharmaceuticals and diagnostics focused on advancing science to improve people’s lives. The combined strengths of pharmaceuticals and diagnostics under one roof have made Roche the leader in personalised healthcare - a strategy that aims to fit the right treatment to each patient in the best way possible. Roche is the world’s largest biotech company, with truly differentiated medicines in oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, ophthalmology and diseases of the central nervous system. Roche is also the world leader in in vitro diagnostics and tissue-based cancer diagnostics, and a frontrunner in diabetes management. Founded in 1896, Roche continues to search for better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat diseases and make a sustainable contribution to society. The company also aims for improving patient access to medical innovations by working with all relevant stakeholders. Twenty-nine medicines developed by Roche are included in the World Health Organization Model Lists of Essential Medicines, among them life-saving antibiotics, antimalarials and cancer medicines. Roche has been recognised as the Group Leader in sustainability within the Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology; Life Sciences Industry eight years in a row by the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI). The Roche Group, headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, is active in over 100 countries and in 2016 employed more than 94,000 people worldwide. In 2016, Roche invested CHF 9.9 billion in R&D and posted sales of CHF 50.6 billion. Genentech, in the United States, is a wholly owned member of the Roche Group. Roche is the majority shareholder in Chugai Pharmaceutical, Japan.