Job Type Full Time
Job Field Human Resources / HR
Reporting into Head of H.R. Kenya
Direct Reports None
What you’ll be doing…
- Support the recruitment process by;Recruitment and selection of staff as assigned by the HRM. (full 360)
- Printing of contract & all pre-employment documentation/policies, obtain signatures from authorized signatories.
- Verify that all documents have been returned as per New Joiner Form.
- Lead a thorough background check for all position
- Support the Personal Data Changes process by;Print off letters, obtain signatures from authorized signatories.
- Distribute the letters to the line manager to issue to direct report.
- Track receipt of a signed copy of letters from direct reports.
- File the signed copies in the Employee files.
- Preparing contracts, monitoring the expiry dates, and taking the appropriate action.
- Support the Employee Separation process by;Ensuring withdrawal from the medical cover
- File all signed copies relating to separation in the Employment files.
Additional offoboarding requirements
- Employee Relations – Disciplinary cases – Non-Management staff
- Provide advice and guidance on individual employee relations cases (including employee counseling) ensuring that these are well managed and meet the requirement of the policies, best practice and employment legislation.
- Administration of all Employee FilesFile all signed new joiner documents in the employee personnel file.
- Ensure all the necessary employment records are updated and filed for the existing staff.
- Maintain Employee Database for End of Probation, Fixed Term contract, and advise the Managers at least 2 weeks before the due date for prompt decision making.
- Leave ManagementMaintain a database to track leave days.
- Leave planning for all staff every quarter.
- HR Policy Manual update
- Facilitate periodic review and update of Human Resources policies and procedures in line with changes in the regulatory and labour environment and ensuring compliance.
- Special Letters (Consultants/ Visitors/Bank Letters)
- Process/renew work permits, embassy letters, special passes, and any other HR-related documentation.
- HR Statutory requirements /HR Audit support
- Quarterly file audit-ensure all staff provide statutory documents for filing
Other Administrative Duties
- Management of office administration staff (cleaners, Reception).
- Procure business, fire, health and safety permits, certificates and licenses
- Coordinate process of procuring office stationery, furniture, and equipment repairs, office kitchen supplies
- Procure Parking Card
- Coordinate general office cleaning.
- Coordinate work safety drills, etc
- Regular (Quarterly / Annually) consultations with Health insurance providers and share with staff any medical insurance updates
- Plan and coordinate staff outings, parties, team building
- Working together with the Head of Talent and Head of H.R. in Kenya assist with the implementation / change management of H.R. related projects from time to time
- Pulling of relevant H.R. reports
- Assist with Manpower planning across the relevant ROAM brands in Kenya, including but not limited to BrighterMonday, Cheki, Pigiame and Buyrentkenya
- Together with the relevant H.R. Heads – create and implement strategic H.R. initiatives
- Being surrounded by great technology is the start.Being surrounded by great people makes it even better. Thousands of connections. A personal experience for each customer created by you. Embark on a HR career with us:
- Great exposure in your chosen career fieldOur company offers a resounding, hands-on professional experience that will be valuable for your career success. We believe in lifelong learning, and also provide training for continued development.
- Be Challenged.Our technology, and our customers’ needs, are always evolving. You’ll be at the forefront of the tech world’s latest solutions.
- Internal stakeholders: Business CEO(s), Group Head of Talent, Dept Heads, Finance Department, and all local Employees.
- External stakeholders, training institutions, labor-related regulatory bodies, vendors related to the execution of employee activities
- Bachelor’s in HRM (completed) or Bachelors in Economics/Admin with interest in HRM with 3-4 years plus experience as an HR Generalist.
Even better if you are:
- Punctual, reliable and have an eye for detail
- Strong communicator, verbally and written, PC savvy (MS Office, Word + Excel)
- Proactive and dynamic.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Efficient and results-oriented
- A self-motivated person able to work under minimum supervision
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Hands-on and practical thinker
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About Ringier One Africa Media (ROAM)
Kenya was the first country in Africa for Ringier to start its business in 2011 on the continent. The headquarters of Ringier Africa are based in Nairobi, the Kenyan capital. With a team of highly talented, experienced and hard working professionals the company runs different online-shopping platforms.