Job Type Full Time
Experience 2 years
Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
We are a fast growing and thriving independent asset leasing entity in Nairobi with presence in Sub-Saharan region looking for an Accountant to join our team. We provide innovative asset leasing solutions in energy, oil & gas, hospitality, health, manufacturing, aviation and retail sectors for, corporates, non-governmental organizations and government institutions.
- Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Document financial transactions by entering account information
- Monthly tax return filling,
- Proper understanding of the Kenyan tax act,
- Ensure conformity with statutory obligations,
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transactions
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarise financial status
- Provide technical support and advice on management
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Communicate effectively with clients
- Contribute to a strong client relationship through positive interactions with client personnel
- Communicate with Manager and/or Director on work status and client issues that arise
Skills and qualifications required for the job
- Bachelor’s degree in a Finance related discipline
- CPA or ACCA is an added advantage
- At Least 2 years solid Accounting experience
- A firm administrator with excellent administrative skills
- Well-developed IT skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills, work ethic, independence, problem-solving ability, effective communication skills, and overall positive attitude.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer knowledge and skills, including in-depth expert knowledge of spreadsheet, database, and word processing.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task while under pressure.
- Customer service-oriented.
- We will process your CV and personal information to assess your suitability for the role. If we wish to consider you further, we contact you for an interview. This is position is on availability immediately.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About RentCo Africa Limited
RentCo Africa Limited is a private limited company that started with the sole purpose of providing off and on balance financing through our tailored and customized leasing products to both the private and public sectors in Kenya and sub-Saharan Africa.