Our client providing trucking services across East Africa is looking to hire a Mechanic for big trucks.
Work Station: Nairobi
The ideal candidate will be responsible for carrying out mechanical repairs; routine vehicle servicing; wheel alignment & balancing and cleaning and maintaining the working area, workshop tools and equipment.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform general maintenance works, repairing and maintaining motor vehicles.
- Major and minor repairs
- Preventive maintenance of vehicles
- Installation and replacement of faulty parts
- Keeping equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Maintaining vehicle functional by conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
- Making work orders and material requests for vehicles
- Carrying out other mechanical duties
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum Government Grade Test 3 or equivalent Certificate or Diploma
- At least 3 years’ experience as a big trucks mechanic
- Experience in motor vehicle repair
- Technical knowledge
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to use a range of tools
- Ability to work methodically, paying attention to details
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
All applications should be done on or before close of business 21st June 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
About Reeds Africa Consult
Reeds Africa consult (RAC) offers a broad scale of Human resource services designed to provide professional supports for the growing needs of today’s corporate organizations. Our services includes the entire employee life cycle in an organization from the point of recruitment, training and development, policy development, compliance audits, provision of HR tools to achieve overall business success from the HR perspective. Reeds Africa consult (RAC) consultants have a combined experience of over 18 years and are very well capable of achieving sustainable, productive performance growth with full compliance as your HR partner of choice.