Global Head for Environment and Social Governance
Our client is a well-established entity focusing on Health Asset Management in Africa. They are looking to hire a Global Head for Environment and Social Governance based in Nairobi.
The ideal candidate should be responsible for development and implementation of investment strategy for long term sustainable investment returns ; ensuring effective communication of its approach to external and internal stakeholders and develop risk methodologies that help manage key exposures and achieve its long-term investment objectives.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES;
- Environmental, Social and Governance role:Provide leadership to the team to ensure policies, procedures, and templates for identifying, managing and monitoring environmental, social and governance issues (ESG) are up-to-date and compliance with regulatory standards.
- Work with the investment teams, consultants, and potential investees to agree on ESG action plans for each investment.
- Manage the engagement and output of external consultants to address specific issues with potential investors and portfolio companies.
- Provide country-level reviews of existing portfolio to ensure adherence to local laws as well as relevant international standards, and to ensure relevant guidance in place for each jurisdiction.
- Risk Management role:Develop a total portfolio ESG evaluation framework to allocate and attribute ESG risk in support of organizational goals.
- Research, develop and continuously refine industry-leading methodologies and best practices in ESG risk management.
- Model and monitor cross asset-class ESG risk exposure to assess potential impacts of both action and inaction on existing and potential investment portfolio.
- Understand company’s ESG risk profile and tolerance; investigate, report and make investment recommendations on specific issues/topics raised by relevant stakeholders.
- Developing ESG training, guidance, and toolkits to support investment teams with their ESG knowledge and responsibilities.
- Due Diligence role:Engaging with the investment team to support pre-investment ESG due diligence, typically alongside external ESG consultants.
- Manage the investment teams on both investment-specific and industry-wide risks and potential mitigations during the Due Diligence/ESG screening phase.
- Engaging with portfolio company management teams to identify and support the implementation of ESG value creation initiatives and ESG polices.
- Analyzing the ESG data of portfolio companies for performance enhancement and reporting.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS;
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management/Commerce, Finance, or Economics.
- A Postgraduate degree in relevant discipline and/or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) is a necessity.
- 7-10 years’ experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis, modelling, forecasting, and programming as it pertains to the evaluation of ESG-related risk on financial assets and investments.
- Direct experience managing ESG risks
- Excellent research and analytical skills; can locate and interpret relevant information to provide well thought-out recommendations and produce insightful reports.
- Experience of working in ESG functions of an investment firm, preferably in the healthcare industry.
- Technical experience and/or an appreciation of conducting ESG reviews, due diligence assessments, monitoring and reporting in alignment with the IFC Performance Standards
- Robust influencing and engagement ability; adept at building relationships and credibility with external and internal clients.
- Ability to provide leadership, diplomacy and work competently across a wide range of areas at all team levels.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: using the position as subject of email.
About Reeds Africa Consult
Reeds Africa consult (RAC) offers a broad scale of Human resource services designed to provide professional supports for the growing needs of today’s corporate organizations. Our services includes the entire employee life cycle in an organization from the point of recruitment, training and development, policy development, compliance audits, provision of HR tools to achieve overall business success from the HR perspective. Reeds Africa consult (RAC) consultants have a combined experience of over 18 years and are very well capable of achieving sustainable, productive performance growth with full compliance as your HR partner of choice.