Job Type Full Time
Job Field Project Management
To support REDAVIA on its steep growth curve, REDAVIA is recruiting a Mobilization Manager, based in Nairobi, Kenya, with a target start date in December 2019.
The Mobilization Manager will be responsible for:
Mobilize containerized solar power plants:
- Plan and execute mobilization / re-mobilization of Redavia solar farms
- Train and oversee subcontractor teams to install solar plants
- Carry out electrical connections of each plant installation
- Install, configure and test communications and monitoring equipment
- Test, commission and obtain acceptance by the customer
- Handover completed installations along with As-built drawings to Asset Management team
- Manage plant decommissioning, re-packing and shipping to new sites
- Monitor and control budgets
Continually improve your work area:
- Help implement automated business processes
- Improve commissioning QA procedures
- Train local partner installers
- Help produce installation and training manuals
Support other teams:
- Provide product development feedback to the product team
- Information sharing to support the sales team
- Coordinate effectively with the operations team
- Feedback suggestions to the management team
- Candidate Qualifications
The ideal candidate for this position:
Has experience with:
- Workflow management (Gantt charts)
- Managing electrical sub-contractors
- On-the-job training and supervision
- Testing and quality control
- Managing budgets and timelines
- Electrical commissioning formalities
Solar and electrical engineering:
- Building and commissioning solar PV installations
- Installation of grid and diesel genset-driven electrical systems
- Installation and commissioning of electrical controls systems
- Electrical installation and electrical safety qualifications
- Configuring monitoring equipment and internet routers
- Drafting of electrical drawings.
- Safety first: Consistently applies REDAVIA’s Health, Safety, Social Impact and Environmental Impact guidelines
- Proactive and positive attitude
- Non-hierarchical attitude and strong team spirit
- Creative and persistent problem solver
- Continuous improvement: Manages day-to-day operations “Hands-on” and improves business processes with “bird’s eye”
- Enjoys working independently within a globally connected team
- Bridges between international and local cultural and professional expectations
- Affinity with renewable energy
- Drive to make the world a better place
- Fluent English and Kiswahili. French and/or German skills an advantage.
- Project management: Formal PMP or other project management training as evidenced by certificates an advantage
- Electrical engineering: Electrical Engineering degree desired, Kenyan T3 Solar installation license required.
- Medium Voltage installation licenses an advantage.
- Controls and Communications: Training/certificates related to setting-up and testing controls and communications systems
- Computer literacy and comfort, especially cloud computing and digital process management.
Drafting experience with AutoCAD would be a plus.
What we offer:
- REDAVIA is revolutionizing the energy supply for emerging and frontier markets, creating unparalleled environmental and development impact at scale. We offer the Mobilization Manager the opportunity to make a difference in a professional, non-hierarchical, and friendly work environment: Work that matters in an enjoyable team.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
REDAVIA is an industry leader in solar power. We provide solar farms to businesses and communities in West and East Africa. With a proven track record in cost-effective, reliable and clean energy, REDAVIA is committed to using solar energy as a key driver for sustainable development.
The innovative REDAVIA pay-as-you-go system consists of a pre-configured Unit containing solar modules and electrical components. Once the Unit is on-site, our REDAVIA-trained, local specialists manage the installation, operations and maintenance of each solar farm.
Our carbon neutral solution can be used to support existing power structures by supplementing the utility grid or on-site diesel generators. Through our flexible lease agreements with just a minimal upfront investment, our customers can reduce costs and increase their operational flexibility.