Associate, Finance & Administration East and Southern Africa
Job TypeFull Time
Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
The Associate Finance & Administration (F&A), East and Southern Africa is a key member of the Regions and Support Units (Accounting, Finance, Global Internal Compliance, HR and IT). The Associate F&A will manage the day-to-day business administration, logistical support and human resources support for East and Southern Africa.
In close collaboration with Accounting Manager and Finance Manager:
- Support in the annual budgeting process;
- Support the review, approval and payment process of invoices and expenses;
- Ensure cashflows to enable all planned activities;
- Review the monthly transactions posted in the main financial system, and propose any reclasses where necessary;
- Ensure payment, filing and compliance of all statutory requirements;
- Ensure hardcopy and digital archiving of all accounting and financial documents compliant with national and organizational rules;
- Ensure proper tracking and justification of advances to staff;
- Monitor all the bank transactions and prepare monthly bank reconciliations;
- Organize and support country statutory annual audits in line with national and organizational requirements;
- Support audits, projects and annual, within the respective countries;
- Support projects’ budgeting, esp. on costing schedules, within the respective countries;
- Support monitoring of sub-grantees financials and capacity building where necessary;
- Support monitoring of the projects’ financial performance.
In close collaboration with HR Business Partner:
- Manage payroll, payroll changes, employee benefits and statutory deductions;
- Assist in recruitment, onboarding, offboarding and disciplinary and grievance processes;
- Prepare staff contracts and manage timely contract renewals;
- Ensure compliance with Rainforest Alliance HR policies and procedures and compliance with national law;
- Ensure compliance with organizational HR procedures and national law;
- Manage secondary staff benefits (insurance and others);
- Support management and HR BP in HR related activities;
- Manage and monitor staff leave;
- Manages staff files;
- Keeps overview of leave entitlements, requests and balances.
In close collaboration with Global Compliance Manager:
- Support compliance of RA policies and procedures in country;
- Review/prepare contracts and ensure their archiving in the salesforce platform;
- Ensure branch/subsidiaries meet all compliance requirements and ensure procurement and national contracts meets all RA and donor requirements.
Office management and IT support
In close collaboration with Director East Africa:
- Manage office facilities (rent, equipment, internet, phone, security, maintenance);
- Act as IT contact person and support solving IT issues.
Logistics and other
- Provide organizational and logistical support for workshops, events, meetings and trips;
- Support the drafting of country manual, internal regulations and other country specific rules and regulations;
- Support translations of documents as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree/professional qualification in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Professional experience with book-keeping and contractual management; human resources administration experience required;
- Excellent computer, communication, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team;
- Able to navigate competing demands on time with a proactive and positive outlook;
- Written and verbal proficiency in English;
- Ability to handle sensitive information confidentially;
- Experience in a global work environment and/or international non-profit organization preferred
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% per year in the field, nationally.
Commensurate with experience.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Rainforest Alliance
The Rainforest Alliance is a growing network of people who are inspired and committed to working together to achieve our mission of conserving biodiversity and ensuring sustainable livelihoods. Through creative, pragmatic collaboration, we aim to rebalance the planet by building strong forests and healthy communities around the world.