Information Technology Support Specialist
RA International is looking to hire an IT Support Specialist with 5 years of experience proven work experience as a Desktop Support Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, or similar role Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux/Mac OS environments Working knowledge of office automation products and computer peripherals, like printers and scanners Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs Ability to perform remote troubleshooting and provide clear instructions.
Please note this job will require you to travel to different project sites across the African region.
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance and future planning of the company’s desktop/Laptop environment (desktop support, data network, servers).
- Provide technical assistance to the clients regarding any operating system issues.
- Evaluate applications and software patches for desktop applications to see if they are used to solve desktop problems.
- Install, setup, configure and test a variety of application programs on user workstations.
- Maintain expert knowledge in desktop and laptop computing applications and use of connectivity infrastructure including the Internet.
- Testing network connections
- If this describes you, then apply now; your next big adventure awaits!
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About RA International
RA International is Africa’s leading remote site service provider. We offer fully integrated camp services, from the construction of camp facilities to full life support services -including camp catering and camp maintenance services - for clientele operating in remote and challenging environments. With a presence in more than 10 African countries, we are equipped to operate across the continent, and therefore positioned as Africa’s premier provider of camp construction and management services. We focus on providing remote site solutions for those involved in humanitarian operations, and the oil & gas and mining industries. We have successfully executed projects in Afghanistan, Chad, South Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, Somalia and many other countries over the last twelve years. Our customers comprise NGOs, governments, and private enterprises and include the United Nations, World Bank, African Union, 14 European and North American governments, and a number of publicly listed companies. When it comes to handling the many challenges of remote facility management, our company motto says it all. We deliver. Regardless. We don’t let cultural or geographical obstacles get in our way. We just make sure everyone knows what to expect and we plan ahead to mitigate the potential risks. Why not put our knowledge, experience and sheer grit to work for your organization?