Regional Airport Services Manager – East Africa
About The Role
We have an open position for Regional Airport Services Manager – East Africa based in Nairobi – Kenya. The role is responsible for ensuring that Airport and other airport operations falling under jurisdictions run smoothly, cost effectively and aligned with the safety and security requirement. You will ensure to provide customers with Qatar Airways 5-star service promise. You will manage stations performance within your portfolio and ensure that service consistency is adhered based on set KPIs and targets. You will manage the Airport Manager performance and will liaise closely with Senior Management.
Specific accountabilities for the role includes
- Implementing Ground Services strategy at a grass roots level.
- Accountable for stations overall Operational requirements including Safety & Security, Business and Contingency plans and Emergency and Accident response.
- Ensuring that overall airport operations meet QR’s standard, policies and procedures whilst satisfying local and international standards and conforming to aviation regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for all areas of Airport operations.
- Ensuring that QR staff, service providers and handling agencies always provide highest level of service to both customers and colleagues whilst delivering QR’s product and services at a 5-star level.
- Managing the services and day-to-day operations within the respective Lounges.
- Ensuring that Lounge usage policy and standards are maintained across the respective Lounges and are reviewed regularly.
- Managing the station’s budget and operating costs.
- Enhancing and protecting revenue without compromising customer’s satisfaction, safety and security.
- Optimizing the work force at stations level to minimize cost and ensure adequate coverage.
- Managing the Handling agent and Suppliers to ensure that they deliver services and products as stipulated in the contract.
- Establishing the department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible
To be successful in this role, you must have the following qualifications and skills.
- Relevant College or University qualification to minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 7years of job-related experience
- Experience within an airline, customer service environment or GHA operations environment
- Experience as an Airport Manager with a major airline.
- Extensive overall knowledge of all areas and the airline/ airport operation
- Work experience in a multi-cultural environment.
- Leadership/ Management skills
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
About Qatar Airways
Qatar Airways is proud to be one of the youngest global airlines to serve all six continents, and thanks to our customers’ response to our offerings, we are also the fastest-growing airline in the world. We connect more than 150 destinations on the map every day, with a fleet of the latest-generation aircraft, and an unrivalled level of service from our home and hub, the state-of-the-art Hamad International Airport in Doha, the State of Qatar. Travel today involves a mix of short, medium and long-haul segments, with more people travelling than ever before. With the breadth of network coverage today, virtually no destination is unreachable. This is why the commitment to service is paramount; as our guests are travelling farther and more frequently than ever before, the experience on board is an important part of the journey itself. Since our launch in 1997, Qatar Airways has earned many awards and accolades, becoming one of an elite group of airlines worldwide to have earned a 5-star rating by Skytrax. Voted Airline of the Year by Skytrax in 2011, 2012 and most recently in 2015, Qatar Airways has won the confidence of the travelling public. We have accomplished these goals by focusing on the details - how we run the business, and how you experience our airline. My goal is to make Qatar Airways your airline of choice, offering the flights you want to the destinations you need. That drives this team of more than 40,000 professionals every day, and will continue to motivate us to make Qatar Airways your only airline. On behalf of everyone at Qatar Airways, we look forward to welcoming you on board.