Area Sales Manager
Job Type Full Time
Experience 8 years
Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
We are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join our Commercial team in Kenya as Area Sales Manager.
As the Area Sales Manager based in Nairobi, you will add immediate value by formulating objectives, driving the implementation and sales performance as well as develop short-term sales strategy in multiple country territories. You will provide direction and leadership to the staff to ensure that the global/territory sales strategies of the airline are successfully implemented.
This represents a fantastic opportunity in a fast paced environment in a leading Aviation group to contribute to our continued development and evolution.
Specific Accountabilities include:
- Directing, monitoring and following up the sales leads and selling activities within the assigned territories to deliver on the commercial objectives in a timely and effective manner.
- Initiate, drive and increase sales activities to ensure that revenue targets are met.
- Development and implement plans to manage a permanently active pipeline of new corporate business to support the annual Commercial vision.
- Formulate and implement competitive sales strategies to drive the short-term sales performance of the multiple country territories portfolio.
- Collaborate with CBI, marketing, sales support teams using them as supports to drive the performance and deliver results and business change
- Ensure portfolio structure, processes and related activity is optimized to drive commercial priorities
- Drives ‘incremental’ revenue that could not otherwise be sold QR digital direct and does so without creating conflict with QR digital direct opportunity.
- Drives continuous improvement to sales processes across the QR global network with the appropriate use of technology and process driven innovations to enable efficiencies.
- Optimise cost of sale by minimising exposure to sales waivers and incentive programs and exploiting lower cost of sale channels.
- Manages annual budget planning and monitoring for revenue, operating cost, capital expenditure.
- Act as the primary representative for media engagements within assigned territories to maintain a strong Qatar
- Airways brand images. Development of key regional materials including sales, marketing and product presentations.
- Maintain relationships with key industry bodies, diplomatic missions, governments, airports within the assigned territories.
- Evaluate market trends and gather competitive information, identify trends that effect current and future growth of territorial sales and share these local market dynamics and opportunities with HQ departments.
- Formulate and implement plans to drive team engagement, attract and maintain the best industry talent and ensure a full pipeline of ‘future seller’ prospects.
The successful person will have:
- High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification /Diploma or Equivalent with at least nine years’ of job-related experience OR Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with minimum eight years’ of job-related experience
- Extensive commercial experience in a leading international airline.
- Substantial experience in driving and delivering significant business change.
- Proven ability to manage a multi-country sales force with a commercial mind-set.
- Exceptional leadership skills coupled with a positive attitude and the ability to develop and nurture partnerships within the organisation.
- Sound knowledge of the travel industry with the insight and ability to forecast future trends.
- Ability to develop effective sales techniques and deliver measureable results in exceeding sales goals and objectives.
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About Qatar Airways
Qatar Airways is proud to be one of the youngest global airlines to serve all six continents, and thanks to our customers’ response to our offerings, we are also the fastest-growing airline in the world. We connect more than 150 destinations on the map every day, with a fleet of the latest-generation aircraft, and an unrivalled level of service from our home and hub, the state-of-the-art Hamad International Airport in Doha, the State of Qatar. Travel today involves a mix of short, medium and long-haul segments, with more people travelling than ever before. With the breadth of network coverage today, virtually no destination is unreachable. This is why the commitment to service is paramount; as our guests are travelling farther and more frequently than ever before, the experience on board is an important part of the journey itself. Since our launch in 1997, Qatar Airways has earned many awards and accolades, becoming one of an elite group of airlines worldwide to have earned a 5-star rating by Skytrax. Voted Airline of the Year by Skytrax in 2011, 2012 and most recently in 2015, Qatar Airways has won the confidence of the travelling public. We have accomplished these goals by focusing on the details - how we run the business, and how you experience our airline. My goal is to make Qatar Airways your airline of choice, offering the flights you want to the destinations you need. That drives this team of more than 40,000 professionals every day, and will continue to motivate us to make Qatar Airways your only airline. On behalf of everyone at Qatar Airways, we look forward to welcoming you on board.