Data Entry Clerk – Locum
This is a temporary/short term position available for three (3) months
Applicants must have a minimum of KCSE Mean Grade of D (Plain) or equivalent
The candidate must have at least two (2) years’ relevant experience in clerical duties in a large or busy organization with proven integrity, independence, innovativeness and compliance to deadlines
- Responsible for managing of data and supporting of administrative duties in the Examination office and is expected to offer professional services to external and internal customers.
- Sort Senate approved list of candidates for classification, award and graduation purposes.
- Capture student’s personal data for the purposes of preparing a list for printing of academic certificates and preparation of graduation booklet
- Create a student’s data base which can be used in future by various departments/Organizations.
- Maintain records of receivables; entry of respective examination materials/returns from the respective departments ensuring that the number delivered tally with the inventory numbers.
- Entry of student data for creation of student academic transcripts
- Assist the various administrators in preparation of a variety of documents i.e. minutes of meetings, agendas and memoranda for the purpose of documentation and communication program activities and actions regularly.
- Preparation and issuing of academic Transcripts to bonafide students
- Generate reports from data base e.g. graduation reports and discontinuation, retakes report and deliver them to the various appropriate departments as may be requested
Skills and Knowledge
- Applicants should possess the following knowledge and skills.
- Alert with attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of basic clerical, operational or customer service skills acquired through
- education, experience or on the job training
- Computer application skills (word, excel)
- Organization SkillsMethod of Application
Interested applicants should send two (2) copies of their application for the above position.
Applications and recommendations letters from referees should be addressed to,
The Vice Chancellor
P. O Box 195-80108, Kilifi
Application should also include an up to date CV, providing details of age, marital status, academic and professional qualifications, work experience, email address, telephone, names and contacts of three referees who are knowledgeable about the competence of the applicant, copies of relevant certificates and testimonials.
Pwani University is an equal opportunity employer, female candidates and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The deadline for submitting applications is Tuesday 9th March 2021. Applications received later than this date will not be considered.
Please Note that: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
About Pwani University
Pwani University began as Kilifi Institute of Agriculture in 1984 though the first intake of 200 students for the Two Year Certificate Course in Agriculture and Home Economics was in July 1987. By 2007, Kilifi Institute of Agriculture had graduated 3,837 students. The Institute also hosted a number of Masters and PhD research students from other national universities. On 23rd August 2007, Kilifi Institute of Agriculture was upgraded to a Constituent College of Kenyatta University, and in March 2013, it was given a charter as a full- fledged University. It is strategically placed in the heart of the Coastal region of Kenya in Kilifi Town, right on the Mombasa-Malindi Highway; and is equipped with facilities to offer quality training in Tropical Agriculture, Tropical Medicine, Marine Sciences and Education. So whether you’re finishing high school, beginning university for the first time, or pursuing graduate studies, you’ll find a wide range of options at Pwani University. Our University has more than five schools which all together offer a diversity of degree programmes in the Arts, Humanities, Sciences, Health and Education. The University has engaged highly qualified staff members.