Senior Manager, Raw Materials
Job Type Full Time
Job Field Manufacturing
The Senior Raw Material Manager is responsible for managing the overall process of developing and innovating new and seasonal fabrics that meet designer’s aesthetic vision while balancing quality, cost and speed. He/She will maintain and develop a supply chain that supports the overarching strategic vision, collaborating with mills, NY Raw Material team, and Global Supply Chain Partners.
Fabric Development and Sourcing
- Effectively executes against design briefs
- Manage and train Mills across defined region
- Pushes newness within region
- Owns communication with mills, Hubs, Cross Function Team and US RM team. Communicates directly with US
- Design team if needed
- Create connections with applicable innovation suppliers in chemical finishes and yarns. Strategically bring suppliers into the office in order to drive future innovation
- Perform periodic SWOT analysis of mill performance and alignment to strategic sourcing needs. Identify gaps, propose ideas to close gaps and work with mills to elevate
- Partner with mill on creative solutions to drive to the shortest lead times
- Guide US team on textile knowledge and mill specific processes and technology
- Educate the supply chain on PVH brands
- Analyze 4 lever costing information
- Provide macro trend information available from mill that may impact the negotiation strategy
- Partner with mills on creative solutions to drive the shortest lead time while balancing cost and quality
- Negotiate to eliminate fabric liabilities wherever possible
- Collaborate with across brands to find out the cost leveraging opportunities
- Oversee fabric testing and ensure mills understand expectations and communicate as needed to QA to ensure final garment quality
- Resolve any fabric related issues on the escalation review
- Utilize technical expertise in collaboration with the mill to meet quality expectations. Proactively resolve quality issues
Strategy and Process
- Proactively initiate support of strategic initiatives identifying where the overseas team can add the greatest value
- Proactively monitor and meet calendar deadlines for approvals and mill execution. Ensure capacity to meet deadlines and manage resources as needed
- Review and manage the process by analyzing metrics to determine the effectiveness of current process. Surface ideas for improvement and identify any threats
- Provide Inspirational leadership to direct reports
- Work with direct reports to establish their goals; mentor and coach direct reports on performance expectations
- Influence peers and seek support from senior if difficulty in influencing upward
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor or above degree in related technical studies. Minimum 10 years of industry experience.
- Strong knowledge in knits, woven, yarn, dyeing and finishing.
- Needs to have an understanding of the total supply chain from Concept to Consumer.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to lead the Raw Material Fabric team, and a positive optimistic with “can do” attitude.
- Be creative and technically savvy to respond to the requirements of newness and innovation as well as development of the brand teams’ needs.
- Able to operate in an environment of changing priorities and deadlines. Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Excellent English communication skills and the ability to manage through influence.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About PVH Corp
We are one of the largest global apparel companies. With a history going back over 135 years, PVH has excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich American heritages, becoming one of the largest apparel companies in the world. We are over 36,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and nearly $9 billion in 2017 annual revenues. We own and market the iconic CALVIN KLEIN, TOMMY HILFIGER, Van Heusen, IZOD, Arrow, Speedo*, Warner's, Olga and True&Co. brands and market a variety of goods under our owned and licensed brands. We... Â· Began in 1881 by mending shirts for miners in Pottsville, PA Â· Revolutionized dress shirts with the Van Heusen soft-folding collar in 1921 Â· Went public on the NYSE in 1920 Â· Changed our name from Phillips-Van Heusen to PVH Corp. in 2011 Â· Acquired CALVIN KLEIN in 2003 and grew their revenue from $172 million in 2002 to $2.9 billion in 2014 Â· Acquired TOMMY HILFIGER in 2010 and grew their revenue from $2.2 billion to $3.6 billion in 2014 Â· Purchased Warnaco Group in 2013 for approximately $3 billion Â· Stay true to our Core Values of passion, integrity, individuality, partnership and accountability Â· Support the needs of women and children through The PVH Foundation. Â· Established Save the ChildrenÂ® as our worldwide philanthropic partner in 2014 We Are PVH. *The Speedo brand is licensed for North America and the Caribbean in perpetuity from Speedo International, Ltd