Software Quality Assurance Analyst
The Pula Innovation Team
Technology is key to Pula’s insurance service delivery. All aspects of our award-winning insurance products are backed by in-house technology, from the design and pricing of our insurance offering, to the widespread field operations that have seen us register over a million farmers every year for over three years running.
In addition to the underlying tooling that enables our business, Pula is constantly exploring new ways to serve our existing customers, as well as potential new areas to apply our existing expertise and technology tooling.
All this software tooling is developed in-house by Pula’s Innovation Team. We are an outfit of product designers, software developers and quality assurance engineers who work on this diverse set of products, using varied tooling but with a focus on Python/Django and VueJS on the back-end, as well as Kotlin & Flutter for our mobile apps.
Our innovation team has a total of 12 members at present, though we will grow closer to 20 in the course of this year. The team is based in Nairobi, but day-to-day we work remotely, with most of our software developers doing the majority of their work from home. We pride ourselves on being a high-performing team, based not only on our technical ability, but our approach to work with an emphasis on collaboration, open communication, and deep understanding of the context in which we work.
- Review requirements/ stories, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test scenarios
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet quality needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Work closely with developers to ensure the process of building software promotes quality
- Accountability for support and releases to production
Skills required to succeed in this role
- Experience in software quality control and assuranceStatic and functional testing
- Manual and automated testing
- Exploratory testing
- Quality control processes management
- Load and performance testing
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans, user stories and acceptance criteria
- Certification in ISTQB and Scrum is an added advantage
- Experience in cloud computing ( AWS, Azure, etc )
- Proven work experience in software developmentPython ( Django )
- Java and Kotlin ( Android, flutter)
- HTML, CSS
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box functional testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing toolsSelenium ( IDE and Web Driver ), JMeter
- Postman ( API Testing)
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Critical thinking
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience with agile project management tools and methodologiesJira
- Google docs and or MS office Suite
Benefits and compensation
Pula will offer a competitive remuneration package to the right candidate with benefits such as pension, health and life insurance as standard. Pula supports remote work with benefits including largely self-scheduled work time, internet allowances, and hardware for working from home.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB” button above to apply for this job.
At Pula, we are radically restructuring agricultural insurance, using technology to insure the previously unbanked, uninsured, untapped market of 1.5 billion smallholders worldwide. We work in eight countries across Africa and Asia, and in 2017 alone, we facilitated crop and livestock insurance cover to 611,000 farmers in Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, Nigeria, Ethiopia and Malawi. Our Founders work in agriculture insurance has been recognized by several international awards including the Financial Times/IFC Award for Sustainable Finance. We work with Fortune 500 Companies, Global NGO’s, Microfinance Instructions, Research Institutions, and Governments to help provide smallholders the protection they need in an increasingly unpredictable climate.