Job Type Full Time
Job Field Engineering / Technical
Location: Nairobi, Kenya or remote with up to 30% travel to Nairobi
Start date: Immediate
Reports to: COO
PowerGen’s business extends along the entire life cycle of a utility in Africa. This breadth enables
PowerGen to play a key role in driving forward the private utility sector in Africa.
- Strong technical knowledge in solar PV, off-grid batteries, and distribution networks in Africa
- Ability to manage and grow a young, hungry team
- Ability to understand commercial considerations related to projects, interface with internal revenue teams, and build relationships with clients
- Experience utilizing engineering software tools like AutoCAD, Homer, PVsyst, Helioscope, ETAP or equivalent software required to professionally undertake MW scale
- PV/storage/distribution design work
- Comfort working with a small, growing company with aggressive growth targets
- Experience managing budgets
- View Full Job Description
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
Please submit your application here if you would like to be considered for the position.
In addition to interviews with our team, selected candidates will be required to demonstrate their capabilities through a technical assignment.
More can be learned about PowerGen at www.powergen-re.com.
About PowerGen Renewable Energy
PowerGen provides turnkey energy solutions to residential, community, commercial, and industrial customers in East Africa and beyond. Founded in 2011 our focus is on providing robust photo-voltaic and wind systems for off-grid demands. PowerGen offers a range of products and services that enable customers in a variety of markets to take advantage of the renewable energy resources around them. From a small home wind turbine system to an industrial-scale solar PV array, we offer a one-stop solution to energy challenges.