C&I Business Development Engineer
Job Type Full Time
Experience 5 years
Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
- Develop viable commercial and industrial opportunities across various target markets and sectors
- Generate leads, qualify and pursue them to deal closure
- Build and nurture relationships with key customers, vendors, project financiers, government and regulatory partners
- Attend face to face meetings with clients, survey sites, and participate in marketing events on behalf of the company
- Oversee the sales process by consolidating leads and supporting local teams at PowerGen’s Business Units in working closely with clients
- Reporting concisely and clearly to immediate manager on a weekly basis
- Perform commercial and technical feasibility studies for commercial and industrial projects
- Coordinate with project managers, supply chain and engineering teams to prepare bid packages, commercial and technical proposals for customers
- Prepare technical and financial proposals for various EPC projects, performing cost analysis and comparison with competitor prices
- Perform regular check-ins with Project Managers to gauge project progress, ensuring that they are on schedule and under budget
- Prepare presentations, proposals, and various sales tools on effective development of business opportunities for the company
- University degree
- 5+ years’ work experience in renewable energy
- Experience in the energy, clean tech, or utility sectors in a similar role
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office products
- Work experience in East Africa or another emerging market
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in both English and Swahili preferred
- Fluency in French is a plus
- Enthusiasm in working for the field of renewable energy!
You’ll be working with a dynamic team of brilliant people passionate about electrifying Africa!
MODE OF APPLICATION
Click “APPLY FOR JOB”button above to apply for this job.
About PowerGen Renewable Energy
PowerGen provides turnkey energy solutions to residential, community, commercial, and industrial customers in East Africa and beyond. Founded in 2011 our focus is on providing robust photo-voltaic and wind systems for off-grid demands. PowerGen offers a range of products and services that enable customers in a variety of markets to take advantage of the renewable energy resources around them. From a small home wind turbine system to an industrial-scale solar PV array, we offer a one-stop solution to energy challenges.